To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bohemia, NY 11716
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Packaging Engineer (i)
The Nature's Bounty Co. • Bohemia, NY
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
For more than 70 years, The Nature’s Bounty Co. has enriched the lives of consumers around the world and stood as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative products and solutions to the marketplace. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature’s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature’s Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan’s Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
The Packaging Engineer will work closely with site-level technical members to troubleshoot packaging issues & optimize packaging activities, evaluate new technologies and seek cost savings opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for planning and collection of data for activities related to packaging process monitoring.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to support continuous improvement programs in the manufacturing processes through the redesign of packaging components.
- Assists with revising and approving changes to the master batch records, change controls, deviations or other required documentation in support of manufacturing/packaging existing in-line products.
- Defines and implements solutions for routine tasks, balancing achievement of milestones with high-quality standards.
- Drive and identify gross margin improvement projects through the optimization of primary and secondary package design / re-design
- Create and revise packaging specifications, bill of materials, pallet patterns and testing protocols to support manufacturing.
- Set specifications for bulk unit dimensions related to slat fit/size to ensure consistent fit and operations
- Ensure the hopper fill determination is correct and bulk flow from the hopper to conveyer including feed rates are optimal
- Contribute with guidance to solve issues related to bulk flow or interactions with bottle or line set up
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things. Actively looks to eliminate non-value added steps of processes and procedures to drive and implement continuous improvement throughout the packaging organization.
- Explores and shares new scientific information, technologies, products and processes with the Science and Technology community. Builds awareness of developments outside of the Natures Bounty Co through attendance/presentations at trade associations or scientific meetings.
- Manage and drive projects through effective time management, planning, and coordination of workload to assure required deadlines are met.
- Participates in conducting RCA’s (Basic Problem Solving) Practices with multifunctional teams to determine the Root Cause and corrective action
- Bachelor’s required in Packaging Science, Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Experienced with 2+ years packaging engineering activities within consumer goods and/or nutraceutical products required.
- Broad understanding of the fundamentals of Packaging Development.
- Working knowledge of packaging lines and secondary cartoning equipment a must.
- Proficient using scientific principles to develop or optimize packaging processes.
- Must be knowledgeable in utilizing Lean processing methods
- Strong data analysis/evaluation and utilizing to make recommendations as well as written and verbal reports.
- Strong ability to collaborate and partner well with multifunctional teams and foster a team approach to achieving project goals.
- Ability to generate new and valuable ideas and solutions to difficult problems with root cause analysis tools.
- Must have excellent communication and problem-solving abilities, excellent organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skill of working on project teams to drive results in a fast paced environment.
- Highly organized, self-starter able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt well to change and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrates transparency, openness, and integrity when working with others.
- Advanced PC skills: Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Specifications systems and ability to learn Oracle based programs
- Ability to lift approximately 40 pounds.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.