To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chantilly, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Entry Level Engineer, Software
General Dynamics Information Technology • Chantilly, VA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology in support of mission critical applications. As a Jr. Software Developer, the candidate will be involved in the software development life cycle including requirements, coding, testing and deployments in support of identity and access management processes and procedures. The candidate will work with a team of software developers, engineers, integrators and QA team members to develop customer-centric software products from concept to production. In addition, the candidate will work with a team of developers to maintain existing software products to add additional features and functionality. The candidate will be involved with customizing Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) products such as SailPoint IdentityIQ and Radiant Logic ICS/VDS.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Participates in the design and coding of software products.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
4. Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
5. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
6. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
7. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
8. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
0-2 years of related software development experience.
Must be willing and able to obtain a High Level government clearance to the TS/SCI with CI polygraph level.
- Familiarity with Java programming language
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting
- Familiarity with UI development
- Understanding of directories such as LDAP and Active Directory (AD)
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
- Familiarity with Databases such as Oracle and MS SQL Server
- Familiarity with Git, Maven, Jenkins and Tomcat
- Familiarity with Identity and access management concepts
- Familiarity with working in a cloud environment such as AWS
- Capable of working on complex problems of diverse scope that requires evaluation of variable factors
- Experience with working in LINUX environment
- Experience with XML, JSON and REST
- Strong knowledge of the software development process as well as software engineering concepts and principles
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.