To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Salisbury, MD 21804
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Nursing - Non-Certified Nursing Assistant
Genesis Healthcare Corporation • Salisbury, MD
Posted 30 days ago
Other Great Industries
Under the direction of a licensed nurse, the Resident Care Attendant delivers efficient and effective nursing care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and resident/family satisfaction. He/she will function within the standards of practice as accorded by his/her Certification. The Resident Care Attendant performs various resident care activities and related non-professional services essential to caring for personal needs and comfort of residents.
1. Provides resident care in a manner conducive to safety and comfort. Resident care includes, but is not limited to:
2. Assist resident with or performs Activities of Daily Living (ADL);
3. Obtains and records Vital Signs and weights per policy;
4. Assists residents with ambulation and transfers;
5. Positions residents in correct body alignment in and out of bed;
6. Applies adaptive equipment as ordered;
7. Cares for personal belongings;
8. Assists physician and/or licensed nurse with treatments and procedures as needed;
9. Makes both occupied and unoccupied beds;
10. Accompanies residents when transported outside the center for appointments as requested;
11. Ensures residents are ready for scheduled therapy and transports resident to meals and to outside appointments;
12. Participates in the Service Plan process and implements care according to Service Plan;
13. Performs skin care treatments, as permitted by state regulation and Service Plan;
14. Feeds or assists residents with meals and provides additional nourishment and hydration per Service Plan;
15. Records resident's ADL Performance;
16. Answers call light or bell promptly, delivers messages, cleans areas of spillage or accidents;
17. Uses Standard precautions when caring for all residents. Adheres to Contact and/or Droplet Precautions as indicated.
18. Participates in the orientation of new nursing assistants/aides;
19. Reports changes in resident's condition, resident/family concerns or complaints to charge nurse and/or supervisor;
20. Collects and bags soiled linen to be laundered;
21. Assists with the orientation of newly hired Resident Care Attendant /Aides;
22. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment;
23. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with the individual's needs, choices and preferences;
24. Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented, and responsive to the concerns of staff, residents, and families;
25. Participates in quality improvement activities as requested;
26. Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (PHI) at all times;
27. Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet staffing requirements and/or needs of residents;
28. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. A minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency diploma is preferred.2. Basic knowledge of computer use or willingness to learn.3. Completes required continuing education.4. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.5. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000473384306
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.