Ace Hardware is in the business of helping communities across America and around the world. Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are proud to remain open and essential to the communities we serve. To ensure we are able to do that, our leadership team has made the difficult decision to temporarily pause on hiring across all corporate positions in order for Ace’s Talent Acquisition Team to focus its efforts in providing recruitment support to our Distribution Centers. They are on the front lines in supplying our retailers with product so they can continue to operate as essential businesses in their communities. Unfortunately that means we will not be able to reach out and recruit in the interim for this position. We still invite you to apply and will review your application as soon as we resume our corporate hiring efforts. Thank you for your interest in Ace Hardware Corporation!
As the Learning Management System (LMS) Manager , you will lead the learning technology strategy including the ongoing design, configuration, testing, deployment and end-user training for Ace Learning Place (ALP) and all related integrated technologies. ALP is the retail domain of Ace’s learning management system and serves as the gateway for Ace’s 80,000 red-vested heroes to access the thousands of available eLearnings.
What you’ll do
- Lead the Learning Management team of 3 to create the learning technology strategy to ensure that Ace has the best learning management system in the industry with a relentless focus on continual improvement, innovation and ultimately end-user (both retail associates & training coordinators) adoption and usage.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Ace’s learning management system, understanding system functionality and configuration options to the same extent as the vendor SMEs.
- Remain current on all new releases ensuring that Ace is capitalizing on all new features and benefits.
- Ensure system scalability and stability by developing and enforcing standards, policies, processes, workflows and advanced reporting for the learning management system.
- Develop best practices for Ace Way of Retailing to support Retail Training’s recommended best practices.
- Supervise and lead complex learning management system upgrades with minimal impact on Ace retailers and the enterprise. Take into consideration impact to the other domains of Ace Learning Place including Ace Corporate and vendors.com.
- Build strategic relationship with LMS vendor as well as related third-party courseware vendors. Leverage these relationships and influence for development of new functionality that would benefit Ace retailers.
- Manage all contracts and make recommendations on products and services that benefit Ace, influencing their development pipeline prioritization.
- Seamlessly execute key strategic initiatives such as learning plans by role, skills matrix, and badge program via Ace Learning Place for our retailers and continually focus on optimization and end-user experience for both the learner and the training coordinator.
- Oversee reporting for Retail Training including monthly training hours for stores, Retail Training Scorecard and needed company KPI’s.
- Utilize Google Analytics on Ace Learning Place to develop strategic recommendations for site optimization.
- Stay current on LMS industry trends, vendors and best practices ensuring that Ace’s platform is best-in-class and state-of-the-art relative to emerging technologies.
- Deploy mobile strategy for Ace Learning Place and continue to keep a pulse on how learners’ needs are changing to best recommend new technologies to ensure our 80,000 associates continue to be the most helpful on the planet.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree is required in Instructional Technology or related field
- 7-10 years of LMS experience, retail experience strongly preferred
- Strong leadership style that establishes clear vision, empowers team and leads to a highly-engaged team
- Experienced in collaborating cross-functionally with subject matter experts
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills with retailers, outside resources, field staff, and Corporate
- Ability to effectively communicate project priorities to team and stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills that demonstrate an ability to apply logical thinking to gather and analyze information, design and test solutions to problems, formulate plans and meet tight deadlines
- Instructional design experience a plus
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Learning Management Systems