SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Women's Services for a nursing job in Jefferson City, Missouri.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Women's Services
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Manages women's services activities, workflow and nursing resources.
- Collects and analyzes pertinent health data to develop and implement an individualized plan of care that includes interventions and alternatives to attain expected, measurable outcomes for women and newborns in the context of woman, newborn, and family-centered care.
- Coordinates care delivery to promote woman-, newborn-, and family-centered care within their scope of practice. Employs health teaching strategies that promote, maintain, or restore health within the context of a safe environment for woman, newborn, family-centered care.
- Evaluates the progress toward attainment of expected outcomes in the context of woman, newborn, and family-centered care.
- Determines decisions and actions on behalf of women, fetuses, and newborns in an ethical manner and guided by a sound framework for ethical decision-making. Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles when caring for women, newborns, and families.
- Communicates and collaborates with women, families, health care providers, and the community in providing safe and holistic care.
- Serves as a role model, change agent, consultant, and mentor to women, families, healthcare consumers, and other health care professionals. Acquires and maintains knowledge and competencies that reflect current evidence-based nursing practice for women, newborns, and families.
- Generates or integrates evidence to identify, examine, validate, and evaluate interprofessional knowledge, theories, and varied approaches in providing care to women and newborns. Practices, evaluates, and, if indicated, implements new measures to improve the quality of nursing practice for women and newborns.
- Evaluates their own nursing practice and participates in the evaluation of others in relation to current evidence-based consumer care information, professional practice standards and guidelines, statutes, rules and regulations. Considers resource factors related to safety, effectiveness, technological advances, and fiscal responsibility when planning and delivering care to women and newborns.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner when planning and delivering care to women, newborns, and families.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to women's services nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the departments Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
About SSM Health
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
SSM Health has grown to be one of the largest integrated health systems in the country, because leadership, administration and providers work closely together to find solutions to the most pressing needs in medical care today. Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined to innovate, optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery and patient interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in regular discussions designed to standardize practices that yield better outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Balanced Budgeting
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Data Entry
- Decision Making