To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
600 Apache Trail
Terrell, TX 75160
- Nucor Corporation
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Structural Engineer, EIT - NBSTX
Nucor Corporation • Terrell, TX
Posted 2 months ago
Division: Nucor Building Systems Texas
Location: Terrell, TX, United States
Other Available Locations: N/A
- Assist in the Nucor Building Systems sales and profit effort by providing safe and efficient designs for low-rise steel building systems, which include but not limited to structures such as airplane hangars, churches, gymnasiums, strip retail centers, and manufacturing/industrial buildings.
- Effective application of custom and industry software for design of standard and non-standard structural framing conditions.
- Provide creative, economical solutions for challenging framing conditions by utilizing knowledge of Nucor Building Systems products and manufacturing limitations.
- Actively manage projects through effective communication with customers and teammates in other departments.
- Assist in enhancement of current design software by providing suggestions and/or verification of engineering calculations. Involvement with development of new design tools that aid productivity and accuracy may occasionally be required.
- Perform quote engineering functions as needed including preliminary design of structural framing, clarification of scope of work, and qualification of proposals.
- Represent Nucor Building Systems as an engineering resource in project meetings with customers, typically for review of design results or to present value-engineering ideas.
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with a focus in Structural Design.
- Passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering exam and certified as an Engineer in Training with the state board of professional engineers.
- In depth knowledge of structural steel building codes: IBC, AISC 360, AISC 341, AISC 358, ASCE 7, AISI, etc.
- Proficiency with some type of metal building design software package.
- Strong background with Engineering in the Pre-Engineered Metal Building Industry is preferred.
- Leadership ability and/or experience.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
Nucor Corporation is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.