To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bellevue, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Franchised Front Office Manager
Marriott International, Inc. • Bellevue, WA
Posted 11 days ago
Posting Date May 11, 2018
Job Number 18001CUH
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations Location Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, Bellevue, Washington VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Schedule Full-time Relocation? No
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PFHC Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Manages and coordinates the activity of the front desk staff daily to ensure productivity of the team and that all tasks are completed timely and accurately.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
- Manages daily Front Desk shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Runs Front Desk shifts whenever necessary.
- Completes and maintains all required Front Desk shift reports and paperwork.
- Manages the daily operations of the AYS and Concierge/Guest Services.
- Manages and expedites lobby traffic to speed the arrival and departure process.
- Manages all areas of the Front Office.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
- Orders associate uniforms and ensure uniforms are properly inventoried and maintained.
- Trains staff and monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
- Manages staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Understands night audit procedures and is able to comprehend and utilize reports as necessary.
- Helps train associates in safety procedures and supervises their ability to execute departmental and hotel emergency procedures.
- Participates as needed in the investigation of associate and guest accidents.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
The following are specific Guest Relations responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To deal with any complaints or problems happening within the hotel whether in person or in writing and to use the LEARN process dealing with any concerns.
- Co-ordinate & oversee special set-ups in guestrooms and ensure departments or guests are charged accordingly.
- Prepare welcome letters or cards.
- Inspect VIP rooms prior to arrival.
- Check arrival lists daily for special arrivals or for any particular requirements. Conduct pre-arrival planning to ensure personal requests are met and the guests experience a smooth check in process.
- To take full responsibility for the guestVoice Program by handling replies and in particular guestVoice alerts.
- Be present in the lobby area to assist guests and to be responsible for Lobby Hosting, also to be highly visible in guest contact areas.
- Keep a complete guest history system in order to recognize repeat guests and to co-ordinate the repeat guest program, also to ensure amenities are constantly updated in guests profiles.
- To oversee the smooth running of the whole hotel by liaising with all departments.
- Lead, motivate & encourage the associates we manage
- Maintain positive employee relations and ensure adherence to guarantee of fair treatment. Be focused on Employee engagement and increasing motivation within the department and the hotel.
- Ensure a high standard of personal appearance is achieved by having correct uniforms and name tags.
- Attend regular scheduled meeting such as daily morning meetings, reception shift briefs and to conduct regular meeting within the departments we are responsible for.
- Be able to work flexible hours when & as required.
- Be able to perform Front Desk duties and fulfill shifts when required.
- Have a working knowledge of the emergency procedures and work closely with security department.
- Take full responsibility as Manager on Duty for the whole hotel at all times. Log incidents as they occur and ensure follow up is completed.
- To be fully involved in training new associates and ensuring associates are performing to the required brand standards.
- Work towards the achievement of department and personal goals.
- To provide a personal & attentive service to guests to make each guest feel special.
- Co-ordinate the long stay guests program.
- Update all complaints, issues or problems in guest profiles to ensure total communication.
- Oversee courtesy control programs such as the Guest Response Program.
- Understand fully the Marriott Reward Program & make sure it is handled properly throughout the hotel.
- Be familiar with all-special rate packages and programs such as the weekend package.
- To be fully involved in ongoing initiative training.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, analyze and make interpretations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interpret and perform intermediate computer functions.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel..
This company is an equal opportunity employer.