To work within the multinational market segment to deliver travel risk management solutions to global companies. In addition, this position offers the opportunity to meet the special risk needs of domestic and international organizations.
This position is responsible for achieving Chubb’s Accident & Health Global Accident & Sickness new business goals by executing key strategies within the region. This position will work in partnership with the Regional Underwriting Manager to establish goals and the action plans to achieve these goals.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to analyze the territory and market potential in order to define opportunities that strategically position the Chubb Accident & Health value proposition. By delivering solutions specifically designed to address multinational travel exposures, success will result in a dynamic shift in the market and how multinational companies currently evaluate and manage travel risk worldwide.
In addition, this position requires active collaboration with the Chubb Regional Operations team to create new market opportunities and to successfully produce new business. A high degree of internal and external communication with key clients, brokers and various internal support personnel is necessary to achieve a successful outcome.
Define and meet new business goal – Working with the Regional Underwriters and Regional Operations within the assigned region to establish goals and deliver them in the following area:
- Growth Strategies - Establishing, monitoring, and executing upon written marketing plans and strategies. This includes:
- Meet or exceed business development plan in assigned territory through brokers, consultants, TPA’s and other channels, by balancing efforts between sources.
- Execute strategies to identified prospects and targeted customers. Identify potential accounts and new business.
- Develop and manage key client & broker relations including scheduling and directing frequent account and broker presentations and office visits.
- Effectively position solutions to clients and producers to increase Chubb USA Accident & Health Division market share within region.
- Identify new sources of new business by cross marketing with other Chubb business units and through target marketing
- Prepare and conduct product fairs and other venues to promote A&H product lines. This includes customer education and product information meetings
Branch Monitoring – Preparing & presenting monthly reports to the VP of Business Development, Accident & Health on key performance indicators and factors driving success/failures within region.
- Communicate to management and to Underwriting the specific needs and requirements of producers to be fulfilled in order to bind business and address the market needs.
- Maintain understanding of competition, competitive issues, products and markets.
- Handle and resolve problems and complaints, advise management on market conditions and account activity.
- Participation and leadership in regional initiatives. This includes representing CHUBB Accident & Health at various CHUBB regional executive or cross selling functions.
- Continually learn new products and acquire advanced selling skills
Management Team Participation
- Participate in regional staff meetings and various production calls be prepared to discuss regional results
- Timely and thorough responses to all requests by the Accident & Health Home Office functional staff
- Complete various projects as assigned by VP of Business Development
- Pro-active identification and analysis of issues that are affecting the business unit results or plans.
- Four year college degree
- Three to five years of Accident & Health insurance sales experience preferred
- High level of business acumen
- Ability to evaluate the specific needs of accounts/clients and to deliver a viable solution
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent customer relations skills and aptitude
- Ability to travel – 50%
- Work well independently
- Results Oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point