To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Roanoke, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Financial Analyst (1766CCOR)
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC • Roanoke, VA
Posted 20 hours ago
MMA Mid-Atlantic – Roanoke, VA; Greensboro, NC; Raleigh, NC
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
• Assist in the consolidated Budget & Forecast process
• Prepare and manage departmental budgets and forecasts
• Maintain visibility of top 200 clients and revenue flow
• Obtain full understanding of Contingency Contracts and impact from new/lost business
• Understand and project detail of all expense line items
• Be primary finance contact for Line of Business Managers
• Manage, participate, perform, or coordinate special projects, financial modeling and ad hoc analyses as requested; provide recommendations to project leadership and/or senior management
• Analyze and report on monthly variances from forecast
• Prepare monthly and quarterly operating reports including KPIs, and Departmental / Line of Business Profitability
• Obtain understanding of SQL reporting tools; maintain DM dashboards and other reports; create Producer Dashboards and other new reports
• Create and establish project plans and execute on deliverables within agreed upon timeframes. Communicate results and make recommendations to address issues, and keep manager updated on project status.Qualifications
• Functional responsibilities require thorough knowledge of how to use data to determine trends, ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; Collecting and researching data; Using intuition and experience to complement data
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, commissions, proportions, net present value, and percentages
• Advanced knowledge of Excel Spreadsheet software
• Bachelor’s Degree with major or concentration in Accounting
• 5 - 7 years related experience and /or training or equivalent combination of education and experience