To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Emeryville, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Assistant Certified/Registered
Maxim Healthcare Services • Emeryville, CA
Posted 1 month ago
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height and records information on patient’s charts
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Operates x-ray, electrocardiograph (EKG), and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic test or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests
- Gives injections or treatments, and performs routine laboratory tests
- Schedules appointments, receives money for bills, keeps x-ray and other medical records, performs secretarial tasks, and completes insurance forms
- May key data into computer to maintain office and patient records
- May keep billing records, enter financial transactions into bookkeeping ledgers and computer, and mail monthly statements to patients
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language
- Good telephone communication skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of medical procedures
- Knowledge of clerical functions
- Current CPR card (if applicable)
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray (if applicable)
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program; certification preferred
- Minimum of one year relevant experience preferred.
- Relevant certification/ license if applicable.
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
"Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Initiative, Maxim Healthcare will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records"