To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Orbital Engineering
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Orbital Engineering, Inc • Houston, TX
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Orbital Engineering has provided worldwide professional engineering and consulting services since 1969. Our commitment to quality, responsiveness, and attention to detail has earned us the reputation as a leading provider of engineering and design services. Over the years, we've broadened both our scope and client list and we've been consistently ranked among the Engineering News Record (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms.
With over 300 engineering and support staff throughout district offices in Pittsburgh (HQ), Philadelphia, Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, and Houston, we are creative, client-driven, and collaborative. Currently, Orbital Engineering, Inc. is providing Engineering, Risk Mitigation, and Project Delivery Services for a variety of customers in the following industries:
- Midstream Oil & Gas
- Refineries & Petrochemical
- Utility & Power Generation
Orbital is seeking a Civil Engineer with at least four (4) years' experience to assist with single and multi-discipline projects in our Houston, TX office. The position requires experience in heavy industrial engineering projects, preferably in the Metals, Midstream Oil & Gas, Refineries & Petrochemical and/or Utilities & Power Generation industries. The position requires the Civil/Environmental Engineer to perform in varying roles related to front end studies, detailed engineering design, project execution, technical support, and customer relationship development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Field engineering as it relates to work scope.
- Assist with and prepare engineering studies, calculations, detailed design documents and specifications, project cost estimates, and providing installation support services.
- Perform Hydraulic modeling of industrial sites or plants to evaluate storm water and drainage capacities
- Design site grading and drainage plans.
- Develop Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans or provide other permitting support
- Develop storm/waste water management and mitigation plans.
- Design roadways and bridges within existing facilities
- Review of calculations, drawings, and reports produced by other civil/structural engineers in the office.
- Coordinate civil designs with steel, concrete, masonry and foundation design activities.
- Develop, maintain, and upgrade technical standards/specifications to be used on specific projects, as well as centralized design basis and historical references.
- Complete all tasks in accordance with design and project execution procedures and guidelines as set forth in the corporate Quality Management System.
- Provide technical support for customers and support regional business development initiatives as a technical resource under the direction of a supervising engineer.
- Manage project progress relative to project plan, schedule, and budget. Contribute to company improvements in work flow, methods of work execution, and continued standards improvements.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are important. Candidates should have a thorough understanding and aptitude in the use of current computer software including general office products, design and business enterprise software. This position will include some field engineering work and short duration travel will be expected from time to time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, bend and climb ladders. The employee is regularly required to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Work in elevated or in tight, confined space type areas. Use of negative pressure, air filtering/purifying respiratory protection may be required
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of four (4) years of prior professional experience
- Experience with site grading, drainage, storm water, roadways, and permit processes
- Working knowledge of HydroCAD or equivalent analytical software to model storm and waste water.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Autodesk Civil 3D software a plus
- Experience or familiarization with structural steel, concrete, asphalt, masonry and/or foundation design a plus.
- Experience in the Metals, Midstream Oil & Gas, Refineries & Petrochemical and/or Utilities & Power Generation industries.
- Ability to perform field inspections, review plant drawings, and interface with clients at their facilities
Preference Given To:
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in Texas or the ability to obtain the license in Texas and other states by comity.
A commitment to excellence and hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary, career advancement opportunities, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, 401(k), and supplemental insurance.
Orbital Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO/AA/M-F-V-D. Orbital Engineering, Inc. seeks diversity among its employees.