DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
As part of the HR Shared Services Team, the HR Assistant will carry out a variety of administrative level functions within the HRSS department supporting recruitment, benefits, onboarding, and other clerical tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Verifications of employment (VOE), except those requiring payroll information
• VOE letters by request for current or past employees
• Medical/Benefit status change letters as requested by employees
• Benefit enrollment status reports and follow up on new hire enrollments
• ADP approvals: qualified life events, new hire approvals, send evidence of insurability forms
• Monthly reports: Finance – terminations, HR field staff - EC Workflows, HR Metrics, ad hoc reports
• Employee Central file uploads as requested
• Recruitment support – ensure new hire paperwork is correct & complete, upload to EC file and notify Payroll when complete
• Verify I9 information is correct, process I9’s & file
• Separation agreement processing
• Support other HR areas as needed including special projects
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree in human resources or business preferred. Two years’ experience working in Human Resource field required. Prefer HR Shared Services team experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Strong proficiency in basic MS Office applications, with intermediate Excel skills required
• Experience using HRIS systems (SAP Success Factors a plus)
English (reading, writing and verbal)
• Must 100% support and provide the best customer service experience (internally and externally)
• Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
• Needs to possess an enthusiastic and positive attitude towards learning and growing a career in the HR field
• Able to multi-task across multiple projects with varying deadlines
• Attention to detail and ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
• Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Ability to quickly learn the business, company culture and strategy
• Must be able to deal with ambiguity, cope with change and flexible with shifting priorities
• Advanced Excel skills
Work is generally sedentary, with no specific need for physical coordination or effort. May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting needed to carry out everyday activities. Hours can be extensive as well as occasionally staggered given any special projects that are time sensitive.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Minimal travel maybe required for this role domestically.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at Email blocked - click to apply. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 47,000 employees in more than 75 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career. Read more at URL blocked - click to apply
Perform Secretarial Duty