To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Public Institutions Analyst
JLL • Chicago, IL
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently seeking a Public Institutions Analyst to join our Public Institutions Group located in Chicago, Illinois.
About Public Institutions:
Jones Lang LaSalle’s Public Institutions group focuses exclusively on the real estate needs of state, regional, and local government, transportation authorities (including airports, seaports, rail, and regional and local public transit), higher education, and other entities driven by mission and public accountability. Our team consists of numerous former public sector employees, as well as experts with backgrounds in real estate finance, project management, development and construction, facility management, engineering, public policy, and urban planning. We are driven by an understanding of the long-term perspective required by public sector work, the importance and inherent financial value of the public good, the need to protect the public interests and taxpayer dollars, transparency requirements and political realities that face many of our public sector clients.
Projects vary greatly in subject and complexity, and the group’s areas of expertise include:
- Real estate strategy
- Highest and best use studies
- Financial and strategic feasibility analysis
- Master planning
- Development advisory and oversight, including large-scale, mixed-used development and re-development
- Transaction Management (Acquisitions/Dispositions/Sale-Leaseback/Enhanced-Use Leasing)
- Analysis of financing / ownership structures
- Asset and portfolio management
- Lease Administration
- Public-private partnerships
- Energy savings / sustainability efforts
PI employs more than 150 professionals in locations throughout the U.S. and abroad, with a proven track record of success conducting work for more than 200 government and higher education clients.
- Developing pro forma financial models with support from senior staff
- Prepare first drafts of client deliverables, including memos, reports and presentations
- Prepare first drafts of proposals and presentations in response to requests for qualifications (RFQ) / requests for proposals (RFP) on behalf of the firm
- Review and analyze legal documents, property and zoning information, financial reports, and operating plans as part of the due diligence process, negotiations, and/or ongoing portfolio management
- Administer leasing program, including maintenance and reporting of key program data and records, communication with prospective and existing tenants, and coordination among internal and external clients & resources to resolve property management issues
- Maintain accurate and consistent files and documentation, being able to provide timely and accurate reporting when needed
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all JLL proprietary technology as required for assigned projects.
- Collect and analyze economic, demographic and real estate market data which will be used to develop pro forma financial models
Candidates should have a particular interest in providing professional real estate consulting services with a focus on “mission first,” public sector clients, and a passion for complex real estate affairs. Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience in a related field such as business administration, economic development, urban planning, finance / research, consulting, real estate, project or program management
- Strong financial modeling and quantitative skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good command of Microsoft Office software suite including intermediate or expert level experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Illinois Estate Broker’s License (or willingness to obtain Broker’s License within 6 months of employment, cost to be covered by JLL)
- A highly proactive and self-motivated individual
- Excellent business and verbal communications skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Outstanding work ethic
- Willingness to travel moderately
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL’s investment in employees’ needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.