To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cincinnati, OH 45202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Payroll / Benefits Specialist
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Cincinnati, OH
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Payroll/Benefits Specialist in Cincinnati, Ohio (OH). Summary: The Payroll/Benefits Specialist will focus on healthcare claims/analysis and assists with the Wellness Initiatives. One performs large-scale benefit audits and ensures accuracy in plan administration for both company and union plans. This includes performing audits using the reporting tools available and in accordance with guidelines set forth by department. One works with local managers to resolve payroll benefits issues. Essential Job Functions:
- Analysis of Benefits and Payroll reports
- Understand and review the payroll process and utilize knowledge to resolve payroll and benefits errors
- Analyze Benefit deductions, pre taxed and post taxed
- Understand and explain benefit rules
- Pull data feeds, analyze, and report
- Act as liaison between Benefit and Payroll team to communicate and resolve errors
- Reviews claims paid through the company's medical plans
- Provides key reporting on claims to Vice President of Payroll/Benefits/HRIS
- Calculates and audits Union Health/Welfare plans
- Ensures that monthly payments are made timely, and follow the necessary union contract guidelines
- Administers Security set-up on Group Associates website - adding and removing security access as needed
- Sends out proper notification and entering accurate charges to hit employee's checks
- Maintains and audits Employee Benefits Shutdown schedules for our seasonal employees
- Ensures the employees deductions are properly termed off and employees are not incorrectly charged during shutdown weeks
- Performs company-wide benefit audits, ensuring that employee's premiums are current to help reduce company's liability on cost
- Assists with ensuring the department is following all compliance guidelines
- 2-3 years of experience in Employee Benefits functions with demonstrated working knowledge of benefits plan administration and compliance, with an emphasis on auditing and claims analysis
- Strong Excel skills - ability and knowledge with Pivot Tables and V look ups
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and implementing significant process and system changes, including system updates and experience maintaining Benefit administration applications and interfacing with Human Resource Information and Payroll Systems
- Strong analytical and project management skills, attention to detail with an emphasis on quality control of data
- Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate in person and in writing to all levels of organization and external customers