The Medicare Benefits Consultant is responsible for growing Medicare Advantage enrollment volume by targeting low-income and disabled Medicare beneficiaries that reside in the Independent Care Health Plan service area. The Medicare Benefits Consultant's primary area of focus is on achievement of the membership goals outlined in the annual operating plan. The Medicare Benefits Consultant conducts all sales and marketing activities in an ethical and responsible manner and complies with all CMS and other applicable laws and regulatory guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- markets products that are designed for the low-income and disabled Medicare population
- hosts group seminars
- conducts one-on-one sales meetings and house calls
- spends time in the field working with key providers, local government agencies, community leaders, community-based organizations, and others serving the low-income and disabled Medicare population
- attends community events and health fairs to promote product education and awareness
- enters leads and applicant information into a database
- supports and demonstrates a customer service commitment to internal and external customers
- understands how applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures impact specific job responsibilities and functions; demonstrates actions to reasonably prevent, detect, and report unethical and unlawful business practices
- is fiscally responsible and is in accordance with department policies and procedures regarding business practice
- will require frequent travel within Northeast counties of Wisconsin and to the home office in Milwaukee, WI
- minimum two-year Associates Degree in related field or equivalent in experience
- two to four years outside sales experience preferred with a proven track record selling Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement or related products
- valid Wisconsin Accident and Disability insurance license
- knowledge of health insurance sales and marketing processes and operational principals with Medicare product experience
- cultural sensitivity and sensitivity to the low-income and disabled Medicare population
- ability to work independently under general instructions and with a team
- a car, a valid WI driver's license and automobile insurance are required for territory travel
- excellent oral communication skills
- proficiency with computer software packages including Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet Applications, and Outlook
- prior experience making group presentations is desirable
- bilingual capabilities in Spanish are desirable
- must be available for training in the Milwaukee, WI office for an extended period of time upon hire
Medicare Benefits Consultant Brown County
Ensure Financial Integrity
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 685815-2
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Independent Care Health Plan (iCare) is a specialized managed care program for persons with disabilities age 19 and older. The company began in 1994 with a three year federal grant from the Health Care Financing Authority (now known as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid or CMS). The purpose of the grant was to research if managed care could work for persons with disabilities. Independent Care Health Plan provides access to medical, dental, behavioral health, vision, prescription drug coverage, and social services through a unique care management model. The mission of iCare is to improve the quality of life for individuals with unique and complex medical, behavioral, and human service needs while providing value to our customers and stakeholders, and respecting the dignity of those we serve.
View the full profile