The Apprentice A Lineman (APA) position is a semi-skilled position in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical overhead distribution systems. This position works at various locations and may also be required to travel to another state depending on customer demands.
- 3-year minimum of field experience.
- Able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License permit within 60 days of employment.
- A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred.
- Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
- Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
- Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
- Able to properly inspect rubber goods and PPE.
- Willing to work over-time when requested.
- Willingness to glove/work live high voltage distribution lines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle and feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
- Customer Oriented
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
Pike is a Non-union Company NOTE:
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.