$110000.00 to $115000.00 yearly
Do you live in the Northern Houston area and are looking for a leadership opportunity as a Regional Controller? This leadership position is responsible for an assigned number of entities (approx. 80) and for the financial accounting and reporting required therein. The Regional Controller plans and directs all accounting operational functions, handles the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and for providing footnotes for the corporate offices to produce external financial statements, evaluates accounting and internal control systems, and leads departmental staff of 7-10 FTE.
The company offers very competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent career growth.
You will also make key decisions and challenge, negotiate and influence the team. Being part of the leadership team, you will advance the production of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and encourage creativity in your team.
The ideal candidate will have experience coming out of high volume, midsize company, >$250-500MM company, and have led a team, been responsible for financial reporting and preparation of financial statements for multiple entities.
- Support Finance Department initiatives, including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, through research, planning and implementation, as needed
- Complete tasks beyond formal job responsibilities
- Perform tasks associated with month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Manage the creation of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Evaluate, apply and refine policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Present executive committee and partners with monthly financial reports
- Handle daily cash management and produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to support efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Accounting experience in small to mid-cap publicly-traded company a plus
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including at least 4 yrs as a Controller working in a company of at least $50MM revenue.
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Skillful in analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Experience with Annual Audited Financial Statements
- Strong familiarity with Monthly Accruals
- Internal Financial Reporting experience
- Intercompany Accounting experience
- Background working with Microsoft Excel
- Adeptness in Audit Management
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial statement preparation
- General familiarity with Monthly Journal Entries
- Supervising experience highly preferred
- Financial reconciliation experience highly valued
- Good understanding of Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Domestic Tax
- Earlier work involving Acquisition Integration
- Previous experience working with Continuous Process Improvement
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Controller and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Controller
for more information.
- Accrual Accounting
- Attention To Detail
- Audit Management
- Balance Sheet