Internet Behavioral Care (IBC) Counseling Center provides a full range of therapeutic educational, and consultative behavioral health services. We have an outstanding staff of professionals from a variety of mental health disciplines. Located in Bucks County, our office is located in Trevose, Pennsylvania. We treat patients from age 5 through geriatrics.
At IBC Counseling Center, we consider the needs of the individual. We understand the importance of having a good professional relationship and strive to place each person with the therapist and/or doctor who seems best fit. We see our clients not simply as patients, but rather as persons with intrinsic value. We work hard to help our clients reach their personal goals and to develop to their fullest potential.
A Psychiatric and Psychological Group Practice for Children, Teens, and Adults.
- Individual Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Psychological Evaluation
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Medication Management
- Sublocade Program
- Substance Abuse
- Trauma and PTSD
We are seeking to hire a FULL TIME MEDICAL ASSISTANT with front desk responsibilities. The hours will vary and are based each month upon the doctors’ schedules.
- Ensures safety and comfort of patient at all times.
- Prepares and maintains inventory/supplies and medications needed for treatment/procedures.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary equipment and supplies.
- Possesses an understanding of the use and maintenance of needed equipment.
- Assists provider directly by taking patient’s history, chief complaint, vital signs, and any other information pertinent to the patient.
- Assists physician directly by prepping patients and aiding with office procedures, injections.
- Post-procedural care including patient assessment, patient safety and discharge instructions.
- Under direction of physician, or CRNP performs office visits and counsels patients with regard to patient progress, use of medications and further treatment options. Assures proper billing procedure be followed for such visits.
- Clean up of exam/treatment rooms and equipment, using appropriate medical waste disposal guidelines.
- Accurately tracks lab results making certain the results are obtained in a timely manner and communicated to the physician or CRNP.
- Maintains accurate log of medications stored in refrigerator, maintains temperature logs as required.
- Understands the efficiency of the office requires a team effort on the part of every staff member. Each staff member is expected to become familiar with all aspects of the office and cheerfully and willingly help fellow staff members in other areas of the office and assist as needed.
- Accurately document patient health information, and update medication list into the medical record in a timely manner.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Takes and/or returns phone calls to patients, tracking patient progress and discussing further treatment options. Charts all phone call with outcomes.
- Under direction of physician, or CRNP counsels patients with regard to medication questions. Monitors patient’s use and ensures that prescriptions and/or refills are only filled/renewed at the appropriate time. Calls in prescriptions or refills to pharmacy as requested by physician. Obtains pre-authorization for medications if required by insurance company. Appeals denials as needed.
- On an as-needed basis, answers phones, takes messages and makes appointments for front desk.
- On an as-needed basis, assists in copying medical records either for insurance requests and/or record transfers.
- Checks and restocks rooms with supplies on a daily/weekly basis.
- Periodically checks pharmacy and disposes of expired medications and supplies.
4. Other duties as assigned.
- Attends required meetings or seminars as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains strict confidentiality on all office matters, both relating to staff and patients, in order that compliance regarding confidentiality is upheld.
- Recognizes potential and actual emergencies promptly responds within established guidelines to meet the needs of the patient.
- Knows location, functions, and use of emergency equipment in order to appropriately respond to emergency situations.
Medical Assistant Program Graduate with Certification.
Maintains active CPR training at all times.
Completes annual competencies as required.
Must have current Sandusky Clearance, LEIE clearance, and is required to maintain annual practice competencies.