- Assist in the recruitment process, including generating job descriptions, posting advertisements, and managing the applicant pool. Will conduct face to face interviews and perform telephone interviews and reference checks.
- Prepares new-hire paperwork; offer letters, onboarding packets, benefit acknowledgments
- Assisting with HR onboarding by completing background investigations, fingerprinting and drug screening. Assist with facilitation of New Hire Orientation
- Ensures all prerequisites have been completed prior to New Hire Orientation is scheduled and ensure that all necessary documentation needed on the day of orientation is prepared
- Administering pre-employment tests, when applicable
- Assistant to the Director of Human Resources
- Manages the departmental calendar
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements and assists with audits
- Verification of U.S. Citizenship I-9s
- Ensuring new hire paperwork is completed and processed
- Participates in public presentations on behalf of Human Resources
- Create fliers and literature for company events; posting internally and externally as
- Prepares and reviews benefit enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinates enrollment with new hire
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in business administration or relevant field, preferred
- Aptitude for critical thinking, confidentiality, problem solving, and decision making.
- Strength of character, ethics, and commitment, and reliability.
- Successful work experience as a Human Resources Assistant, Human Resources Specialist, or other HR position required.
- Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. pay and benefits, recruitment, training, and development).
- Commitment to staying current on understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- HR Credentials, a plus, e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute).
Complex Problem Solving
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: a860887504e748199d8e79a09620a170
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
StoneCrest Center is the leading provider of inpatient behavioral healthcare in Detroit, MI. Our treatment services & specialized programs address mental health issues in adolescents, adults, and older adults.
View the full profile
Located in Detroit, Michigan, StoneCrest Center is a leading provider of psychiatric services for adolescents, adults, and seniors who are suffering from psychiatric, co-occurring, and cognitive disorders. Additionally, StoneCrest offers unique therapeutic programming for adolescents and adults, who are diagnosed with mental illness and developmental disabilities.
Accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed to operate 133 beds, StoneCrest offers a variety of treatment options at different levels of care to meet the unique needs of individuals requiring our services.
Through the utilization of innovative therapeutic techniques and modalities, treatment planning that is catered to the specific needs of patients, and an experienced and qualified staff that is eager to help patients reach their goals, StoneCrest is the place to turn to when in need of optimal care for psychiatric concerns.