To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkmont, AL 35620
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
endevis • Elkmont, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Direct, plan and validate all accounting activities to ensure proper reporting of monthly plant financial results. Maintain safeguards to assure the integrity and security of Plant Inventory and Fixed Assets. Analyze plant financial results, while providing recommendations to maintain and improve overall plant performance. Plan and develop plant annual operating budget, quarterly forecasts and monthly flash reports. These reports must be generated in an accurate and timely fashion. Direct and review the annual Standard Cost roll process assuring the product cost results are reasonable. Maintain adequate Internal Controls, support the QAR process and adherence to SOX certification requirements. Direct a staff of 2 or more associates.
- Direct and validate all accounting activities including labor distribution, inventories, general receipts, scrap, rework, accounts payable, closed order variances, fixed assets transactions and journal entries. (Includes monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.)
- Identify and resolve reporting discrepancies and concerns involving personnel or system processing or plant policies and procedures.
- Analyze monthly plant financial results. Initiate and implement cost reduction recommendations in both product and operations. Explain variances and corrective action taken to eliminate unfavorable variances or maintain favorable variances.
- Review and approve capital expenditure requests. Ensure accuracy of assumptions and accountability for attaining promised results.
- Provide weekly financial flashes with emphasis on action items necessary to keep or bring the facility back on track to meet financial goals.
- Formal four-quarter rolling forecast process is completed and submitted to corporate quarterly. Explain reasoning for significant changes from prior periods.
- Plan and develop the annual plant operating budgets based on current plant capabilities and desired cost, service and quality objectives.
- Manage cycle count programs for all inventory including finished goods.
- Set product cost standards via annual cost roll. Make recommendations and focus plant management on products or product groups that need improvement.
- Direct any special assignments required to enhance plant performance.
- Personal and personnel development of direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration. MBA Preferred. 5+ years of practical experience, preferably in a manufacturing operation, with focus in cost accounting.
- Computer skills with knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office software.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of general accounting, cost accounting, purchasing, and payroll policies and procedures.
- Solid manufacturing based financial and operational knowledge.
- Demonstrated skills in operation planning and cost reduction.
- Hands-on and detailed analysis skills.
- A comprehensive understanding and knowledge of a standard cost system and the corresponding budgeting process.
- Excellent analytical and auditing skills. Proficient in verbal and written communications.
- Individual characteristics should include: team oriented, flexible, organized and possesses absolute work ethics and moral values.
- The ability to continually and constructively question and challenge the current practices and processes.
- Competencies should include: Innovation, management practices and leadership skills, judgement, and good initiative.