To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
Basic PurposeTo prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external reports related to financial statements (e.g., board reports, NCUA call report, annual report, retirement plans) and ensure compliance of such financial statements with management standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and regulatory requirements. Research and evaluate existing and emerging accounting rules, standards and disclosure requirements to determine impact to the financial statements.
- Analyze new and existing accounting guidance and federal regulations to ensure that Navy Federal is in compliance with established standards
- Interpret emerging accounting policies and make recommendations for changes to remain in compliance
- Prepare ad hoc and required industry and regulatory reports including audit inquires in compliance with internal and external regulations
- Prepare/collaborate on presentations, reports, white papers, etc...
- Ensure compliance with internal and external documentation and disclosure requirements
- Serve as a subject matter expert with internal and external auditors (e.g., NCUA, CFPB, and contracted third parties) to address and resolve audit questions and findings
- Provide expert guidance for application and implementation of new controls/processes and the analysis of highly complex transactions to determine proper accounting treatment
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies by actively collaborating and communicating across business lines
- Serve as resource for the resolution of complex and/or unique problems
- Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
- Participate in development and implementation of systems of large scope and scale
- Serve on automated financial systems improvement initiatives
- Monitor automated processes and reports for accuracy and completion; contribute to process improvement
- Gather and prepare data for various financial, compliance and internal reports
- Develop and recommend enhancements to improve operational processes and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Experience in applying techniques used in analyzing and reporting financial information
- Advanced knowledge of financial accounting and management techniques
- Experience in public and/or private accounting applying accounting treatments and resolving accounting issues
- Moderate experience interpreting and applying accounting principles
- Advance skill working with financial accounting systems used in the management and analysis of financial data
- Effective skill in managing timelines/deadlines
- Advance research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Advance skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
- Advance skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Advance skill collaborating with various external/internal technical and/or functional contacts
- Expert verbal and written communication skills
- Effective database and presentation software skills
- Advanced word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Desired - Experience in credit union/other financial institutions financials and/or NCUA regulations
- Desired - Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley control environment
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability