To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
120 Highlands Drive
Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA 93923
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Revenue Mgmt & Front Svcs
Hyatt Corporation • Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Come join our team!
Hyatt Vacation Ownership (HVO) has been developing, marketing, and managing shared ownership resorts in diverse vacation destinations since 1994. Headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, HVO operates Hyatt Residence Club (HRC), a flexible points-based program with more than 30,000 members who have access to 16 HRC resorts, along with hundreds of Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide via the popular Hyatt Gold Passport guest loyalty program. HRC members also have exchange privileges through Interval International’s network of approximately 3,000 other resorts in more than 80 countries, as well as additional benefits and services. HVO is an operating business of Marriott Vacations Worldwide, a leading global provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences. Marriott Vacations Worldwide and its subsidiaries independently own and manage the Hyatt Residence Club program and use the Hyatt Vacation Ownership name and other Hyatt marks under license from affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. www.HyattResidenceClub.com.
This position reports to the Managing Director.
The Director of Revenue Management and Front Services is responsible for providing direction to the property team in order to maximize RevPAR and RevPAR Index through the management of room inventories, market mix and pricing strategies. In addition, ensure guest service standards of the guest arrival, departure, and any other guest contact experience are met through optimal training, staffing, and supervision of labor, efficient management of operating supplies, and proactive monitoring of guest service scores and comments.
- Perform as Primary Manager on duty able to resolve all guest issues.
- Monitoring and understanding the pricing of competitors, the dynamics of the local market, and demand generators
- Analyzing and reviewing monthly and weekly STAR Report results, understanding gains or losses of RevPAR Index and applying this knowledge to impact and predict future results
- Managing group cut-off dates and block shortfalls and overages
- Training sales and front office teams to understand revenue management principles and the roles they play
- Ensure efficient guest registration, checkout, guest service, and telephone service, while ensuring all brand standards are being applied.
- Track guest satisfaction surveys and maximize usage of the guest response tracking system.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff members. Ensure timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Resolve customer complaints; anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Passionate about the job you do and the results of your efforts
- Fanatically analytical; extremely comfortable manipulating data
- Vertically and horizontally nimble; able to drive both the strategy and implementation of ideas
- Minimum of 2 years Front Desk experience and Revenue, preferably in leadership role.
- Proficient with PMS system.
- Above average Excel knowledge; extremely comfortable compiling and manipulating data
- Aptitude to perform numerical analysis of data and formulate conclusions and solutions
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Computer literacy and financial management a must.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and customers.
Highlands Inn - 120 Highlands Drive, Carmel, CA, 93923
Indulge yourself. Hyatt Carmel Highlands is a picturesque retreat overlooking the Big Sur coast with epic views of the Pacific Ocean, and a stunning natural environment made even more special by our impeccable staff. Our Carmel by-the-Sea hotel is an oceanfront retreat that seamlessly blends the amenities of a large hotel with the refined charm of a boutique hideaway.
Dine at the award-winning Pacific’s Edge restaurant. After a morning of yoga, take a dip in our heated outdoor pool or unwind with a relaxing spa experience. If it's outdoor activity you crave, we offer mountain bike rentals and maps for hikes, jogs and bike rides around the stunning Carmel area.
Let the Les Clefs D’Or Concierge arrange a day trip to explore Big Sur or a round at legendary Pebble Beach. Host an intimate sunset wedding ceremony or intimate reception on our redwood deck. Feel inspired by the breathtaking vistas that surround our Carmel hotel. Your experience is limited only by your imagination.
We celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better – a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.