To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Walnut Creek, CA 94597
- Sarah Muraida
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Contract Investment Accounting Analyst needed in Walnut Creek, CA
Kelly Services • Walnut Creek, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Contract Investment Accounting Analyst needed in Walnut Creek, CA Length of Contract: 6 weeks Pay: Commensurate with experience Additional responsibilities include: This position will expose the employee to many areas of the Investment Department; investment accounting, investment operations, measuring and monitoring investment performance, and compliance. This position will be responsible for various accounting tasks, including; the monthly investment accounting close, accounting procedures related to the private markets program, the review and preparation of certain annual and quarterly investment schedules, annual general interrogatories, and board report schedules.
- Perform monthly investment accounting close
- Review and prepare certain annual and quarterly investment schedules, annual general interrogatories, and board report schedules
- Prepare certain annual audited and quarterly investment footnotes for the combined insurance group, pension plan and investment subsidiary
- Provide audit support for the annual audit
- Ensure Investments Department compliance with the NAIC’s Model Audit Rule
- Collect and review audited financial statements of funds in the private markets program
- Assume role of the investment accounting support/back up when the Investment Accounting Manager is unavailable
- Prepare quarterly DOI compliance analysis
- Support the Investment Accounting Manager as needed, in the daily/weekly/quarterly compliance process, in collecting documentation, researching and resolving breaches
- 2+ years of public accounting experience or 3+ years of accounting experience
- Degree: BA/BS, Accounting, Finance, Economics
- Professional demeanor with ability to interact with employees, vendors and management
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Detailed oriented; takes analytical approach to solving problems.
- Productive contributor with minimum instruction on day-to-day duties.
- Solution oriented and committed to meeting deadlines.
- Experience with accounting systems including PeopleSoft and PAM
- Process improvement; skills around SQL and other computer languages
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please apply or email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Important Information: This opportunity is being handle by a remote Kelly office.
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.