To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Novato, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Atrium Staffing • Novato, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Our client is a healthcare care center that has provided compassionate and affordable health care to uninsured and low-income residents of Marin County. They are now looking to hire an Accounting Manager.
Salary/Hourly Rate: $55K – $75k DOE
Position Overview: The Accounting Manager establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information; managing staff.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager:
- The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting
- This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements
- The Accounting Manager supervises five Staff Accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner
- This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities
- The Accounting Manager contacts senior level Executives and Sales Teams, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and
- customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Qualifications for the Accounting Manager:
- Experience with developing budgets and legal compliance
- Must know how to track budget expenses, SFAS rules
- Knowledge of Accounting, Managing processes, reporting research results
- Management Proficiency
- Must have coordination, be motivating to others, with attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree required