This position applies accounting principles to produce, analyze, and report financial information. The Senior Supply Chain Accountant provides a leadership role in the department to provide continuous improvement input and support for the Procurement and Supply Chain teams. This position may be responsible for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end tasks such as journal entry completion and entry, internal report preparation and distribution, inventory analysis, and product costing. Also provide accounting support to auditors and other departments.
• Oversees daily, weekly, monthly, and annual tasks for reporting and reconciliation for inventory, obsolescence/reserves, and purchase price variances.
• Assisting in creating the AOP and forecasts for PPV, inventory, and obsolescence - coordinating with Production Planning, Procurement, Supply Chain and Merchandising to reconcile forecasts as they relate to the actual costs.
• This position also works closely with cost accountants to process and review year-end inventory revaluation and reporting.
• Collaborates with Procurement and Supply Chain leadership and others to improve processes and efficiency levels in analyzing financial data and providing timely input in business decisions. Recognizes opportunities for improvement, initiating and delegating projects, changes, etc. and ensuring progress to completion (including documentation and communication).
• Monitors Supply Chain savings tracking, ensuring that savings across all of Supply Chain are accurately captured and reported.
• Supports the VP of Procurement and Commodity Managers by providing financial data, performing financial oversight and operational reviews, and acting as a financial resource on various projects and teams.
• Supports Executive Leadership team, providing data, metrics, and reporting for Quarterly Business Reviews from a number of sources. Also providing data for ad-hoc requests from Executive, Supply Chain and Procurement Leadership.
• Utilizes various sources of data to prepare monthly reports (including account reconciliations) for review and support in decision making, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
• Utilize various sources of data to prepare (and post to ERP system) journal entries related to inventory and operational expenses, providing support to aid in review, audit trails and follow-up.
• May train and mentor others, providing support and guidance on questions and concerns.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Provides financial reporting and reconciling in compliance with GAAP and SOX within the Residential Accounting organization. The results of this person's contribution may have a direct impact on financial statements. Also works closely with the VP of Procurement to prepare and monitor the budget/AOP and forecasts for inventory spend.
• Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance or related field with 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
• 1-3 years of leadership or supervisory experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
• Strong understanding of accounting principles, including experience cost accounting systems, general accounting, SOX controls.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, strong written & verbal communication skills.
• May be opportunities to travel.
• CMA - Certified Management Accountant
• Knowledge in various ERP and inventory management systems.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual or environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles