Job Posting Title:
Temporary Catering Delivery Driver (UTemps)----Hiring Department:
UTemp Pool----Position Open To:
All Applicants----Weekly Scheduled Hours:
Non-Exempt----Earliest Start Date:
Expected to Continue Until May 31, 2023----Location:
AUSTIN, TX----Job Details:General Notes
Only competitive applicants selected will be contacted and provided with instructions on the continued application process. This temporary assignment may be filled at any time. Please, no phone calls or emails. The projected end date for this temporary assignment is May 31, 2023. May need to work occasional weekend hours due to events. The selected candidate must have a current/valid Texas driver's license and a clean driving record.Purpose
The Catering Delivery Driver (Store Clerk II) is responsible for the successful delivery and pick up of a wide variety of items to various venues and locations. Ensures proper equipment inventory within Forty Acres Catering warehouses and storage units.Responsibilities
- Deliver a pick up a wide variety of items ranging in weight to include surplus equipment and furniture on a case-by-case basis. Loading, unloading, and preparing delivery vehicles. Follow driving routes and time schedules to ensure deliveries to all campus locations as required. Verify the accuracy of all catering deliveries and resolve any issues. Responsible for maintaining accurate delivery logs and records.
- Operate various types of UT vehicles, including but not limited to box trucks, golf carts, delivery vans, forklifts, and pallet jacks. Conduct daily vehicle and equipment inspections to ensure the safe operation of warehouse vehicles and equipment. Responsible for reporting any vehicle and/or equipment issues and assisting with minor repairs as needed.
- Responsible for receiving, checking, marking, storing, and issuing supplies. Prepares outgoing shipments by crating or packing, weighing, labeling, and arranging for delivery. Maintain and organize all banquet storage areas effectively by ensuring they are stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for dining functions. Clean and organize cooler and freezer space as needed. Report to the manager any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of banquet equipment.
- Complete full warehouse inventories on weekly basis. Maintain stock records and prepared reports. Utilize Microsoft outlook, excel, and food production software as needed.
- Effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Work as a team member in a diverse environment. Encourage and promote diversity within the workplace. Other duties as assigned.
High school graduation, GED, or vocational school. One year of experience in stock handling and/or maintaining records. Experience may include receiving, storing, issuing, and inventory in stores/warehouse units or similar. Ability to complete and maintain University Housing and Dining Food Safety Training and or ServSafe. Preferred Qualifications
Two years or more experience in stock handling and/or maintaining records. Experience may include receiving, storing, issuing, and inventory in stores/warehouse units or similar. Experience reconciling invoices to ensure accurate product delivery Experience with delivering products Ability to multi-task and work with little supervision Professional demeanor and ability to work with a diverse staff and customer base.Driving Required
This job requires a class "C" operator's driver's license. The applicant selected must provide a current three-year driving record from the current state of residence. If not currently a Texas resident, a Texas driver's license must be obtained within 30 days of becoming a Texas resident. Employees who are required to have a CDL are subject to drug and alcohol testing (pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, random, return-to-duty, and follow-up drug and alcohol testing).Salary Range
$19Working ConditionsWork Shift
- M-F, 8am - 5pm
- May need to work occasional weekend hours due to events
Important for applicants who are NOT current university employees or contingent workers:
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
You will be prompted to submit your resume the first time you apply, then you will be provided an option to upload a new Resume for subsequent applications. Any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) will be uploaded in the Application Questions section; you will be able to multi-select additional files. Before submitting your online job application, ensure that ALL Required Materials have been uploaded. Once your job application has been submitted, you cannot make changes.Important for Current university employees and contingent workers:
As a current university employee or contingent worker, you MUST apply within Workday by searching for Find UT Jobs. If you are a current University employee, log-in to Workday, navigate to your Worker Profile, click the Career link in the left hand navigation menu and then update the sections in your Professional Profile before you apply. This information will be pulled in to your application. The application is one page and you will be prompted to upload your resume. In addition, you must respond to the application questions presented to upload any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) that were noted above.Employment Eligibility:
Regular staff who have been employed in their current position for the last six continuous months are eligible for openings being recruited for through University-Wide or Open Recruiting, to include both promotional opportunities and lateral transfers. Staff who are promotion/transfer eligible may apply for positions without supervisor approval.Retirement Plan Eligibility:
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.Pay Transparency:
The University of Texas at Austin will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.Employment Eligibility Verification:
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment at the university.----E-Verify:
The University of Texas at Austin use E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective May 2015. The university's company ID number for purposes of E-Verify is 854197. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
- E-Verify Poster (English) [PDF]
- E-Verify Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (English) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
Employees may be required to report violations of law under Title IX and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act). If this position is identified a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified and provided resources for reporting. Responsible employees under Title IX are defined and outlined in HOP-3031.
The Clery Act requires all prospective employees be notified of the availability of the Annual Security and Fire Safety report. You may access the most recent report here or obtain a copy at University Compliance Services, 1616 Guadalupe Street, UTA 2.206, Austin, Texas 78701.
- Accounts Receivable
- Catering Activity And Reception Organisation
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Contingent Workforce
- File Manager
- Food Safety