To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Broadcast Systems Engineer
KWES-TV Midland/Odessa • Tampa, FL
Posted 2 months ago
TEGNA owned WTSP 10 (the 11th largest market) has an excellent opportunity for a talented Broadcast Systems Engineer.
The Broadcast Systems Engineer will work under the direction of the Technology Manager and Director of Technology. This Engineer will install, maintain, and repair Broadcast HD Video and audio equipment, Cisco and Windows network environments, and RF systems to include Harris Platinum Transmitters and Vislink Microwave systems.
- Emergency repair and maintenance of network systems and related Broadcast Editing and automation software.
- Maintain and repair broadcast audio, video, and RF systems
- Install new broadcast systems to include server-based automation and playout devices
- Troubleshoot, triage, and repair unique electronic issues
- Provide in-person and remote support to users of Editing and Production systems
- Maintain satellite and ENG systems to include live trucks and ground stations
Education and Experience
- 2-4 Years college EE, RFE, Military or Tech School Required
- Knowledge of Cisco and Windows Environments Required
- Knowledge of Windows PC repair and buildout Required
- 5 years Broadcast Maintenance Preferred
- 3 Years of transmitter experience preferred
- HD Digital studio experience preferred
- FCC or SBE certification preferred
- Use of various software and equipment to include: Sony HD cameras, Sony ELC,
- ENPS, Ross systems, and Grass Valley/Miranda signal processing
- Creative ability to resolve issues not previously seen or documented
- Ability to read and create technical electrical and mechanical schematics
- Use of Broadcast test equipment: Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Rasterizers
- Ability to solder and build cable installations to include: XLR, BNC, CAT6, AC/DC
- Effective Personal communication and positive customer service attitude
- Ability to work unsupervised or in a team setting as required
- Lift and move equipment weighing up to 75 pounds
- Climb various ladders, work in enclosed spaces
- Work with power tools and hardware
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug-free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.