Provides coordination and administrative support for Land Acquisition and/or Land Development Department(s) including but not limited to plans and permits, schedules, budgets, bonds, weekly updates, and JD Edwards inputting as necessary.
Company Overview: Beazer Homes is committed to employee wellbeing and life-work balance, offering development opportunities, a flexible time-off program, and an industry leading parental leave policy.Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Provide essential administrative support to the Land Department (Development and/or Acquisition) for the purchase and development of home sites. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Set up and maintain files and/or books of information on communities (such as utility companies, contractors, final plats, important dates, contracts, landscape plans, takedown schedules, contact persons), prepare off-site construction schedules for all projects/contracts; develop or assist with feasibility, preliminary and final budgets.
- Track costs associated with difficult lots that will not be covered in typical construction budgets; maintain landscaping conceptual plans; track legal entities.
- Secure, place and monitor all bonds and licenses for Land Development.
- Prepare Land Acquisition Requests; may maintain log of lot closing requests and schedules for same.
- Input and maintain various Land databases as required for various reports, budgets, contracts, and invoices.
- Coordinate and process weekly timesheets; obtain/monitor and coordinate approval process for all plats, permits and agreements; maintain project files; keep blueprints up-to-date; process all conceptual and construction drawings for project architectural product through staff; process bills and maintain spreadsheet of current jurisdictional fees; prepare monthly action lists; may develop/bid/order/place signage.
- Work with Land Development Professionals (Project Managers) and Land Administrators to calculate necessary fees to accompany submittals or secure permits.
- Set up Homeowner Associations (HOAs), record HOA documents, develop packages for Sales Department describing HOA and architectural review committee roles, interview and arrange future management firms when HOAs are liquidated.
- Perform general administrative duties including preparing and following up on correspondence, requests, schedules and reports, legal documents, confidentiality agreements, expense reports, memos and other similar documents; processing mail and circulating industry information as received.
- Performs other duties as assigned and may include providing administrative support to other department(s).
- Coursework and/or graduating from accredited college or university in Business preferred. Experience may waive Education preference.
- Over 2 years experience working in Land and/or project management/administration preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills to coordinate with others to complete of required tasks in timely manner.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to deal with individuals at all levels and to solve problems.
- Knowledge of Business English and related correspondence formats; requires extensive follow-up on all correspondence.
- Duties are performed approximately 60% in the office, and 40% on project sites (mainly in field offices), but may encounter temperature, weather and noise variations; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Architectural Drawing
- Attention To Detail
- Business English