Principal Software Engineer (Big data)
Permanent- Direct Hire (115-130K Salary)
Want to join a team where your talent, ideas and creativity would matter? Want to work in highly visible big data processing systems (10B data points/day) in digital measurement? Do you value autonomy, crave new knowledge, and appreciate working on impactful solutions? Then this position may be for you!
We seek passionate, creative and innovative developers to join our team and help build leading edge technologies. With a balance of development, design, and cutting-edge technology, daily routine will never show its boring face.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develops the next generation of back-end service and processing engines.
- Assists in the planning and specification authoring for feature development.
- Provides technical guidance to the team and coordinate technical activities.
- Develops software precisely meeting specifications.
- Monitors performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Engineers software solutions in Hadoop and AWS.
- Builds scalable, reliable, cost effective, and high quality solutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Computer Science or Software Engineering background.
- At least 10 years of experience in software development in Java, Hadoop, AWS.
- Java advanced experience is a must.
- Experience in Digital Measurement is a plus.
- Experience in Scala, python, perl, sql, shell, unix environment
- Experience in Hadoop M/R framework, developing M/R application in java is a must.
- Experience in Hive, Oozie.
- Experience in handling Bigdata (Billions of data points per day).
- Experience with Networking and IO, REST service development, and multi-threading.
- Experience with web interfaces and basic networking standards and practices of data traffic and communications such as HTML (HTML 5 preferred), XML, IP, HTTP(S), and proxy systems.
- Experience in Cloud, preferably AWS, EMR, Server less architecture.
- Experience in Source control, Git, BitBucket.
- Experience in Agile software development methodology
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Solid knowledge in advanced OO principles, data structures, fundamental algorithms (sort, select, search, queue).
- Knowledge of Nosql: Hbase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Redis
- Advanced knowledge Spark, SparSQL, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Kinesis
- Proven ability to mentor and provide technical leadership to developers, and able to make independent, sound decisions
- Possess a high degree of initiative.
- Self learner and have the ability for R&D.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Apache H Base
Amazon Web Services