Do you want to be part of the world’s leading energy consulting firm?Are you committed to address climate change and positively impact society and the world?Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and clients, and thrive in a dynamic and respectful environment?
Then you may find the Project Manager in our Solar Independent Engineering Team position to be a great fit for you!
DNV GL – Energy’s Renewables Advisory group is seeking a Project Manager to join our Solar Independent Engineering (IE) team. DNV GL is the world’s leading renewable energy consultant, and DNV GL’s Solar IE team holds a substantial market position for independent engineering services to support financing and construction of solar energy projects in North America and our staff are viewed as experts and thought leaders in the industry. In this role, our team provides technical consulting and independent engineering services for solar project developers, financial institutions, and investors who rely upon our reports as part of their investment decision making process. The Project Manager will be responsible for organizing the technical due diligence review process to support the finance and construction of solar projects in North America; communicating and resolving technical issues with clients and lenders/investors; and travelling to project sites in all parts of the country to perform ongoing site inspections PV plants.
This position is based out of our San Diego CA, Portland OR, Oakland CA, Seattle WA, Austin TX, Chalfont PA, OR Medford, MA offices. Remote locations in the US may also be considered.
Tasks May Include
- Prioritizing QHSE considerations within the team to ensure safe execution and healthy work environment.
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists (including civil and electrical engineering, energy assessment, technology experts, permitting, etc).
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model (OPEX and CAPEX) reviews.
- Coordinating input from technical specialists and writing of the due diligence reports.
- Discussing and resolving technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary.
- Developing and winning proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work.
- Coordinating construction monitoring by DNV GL, including performing site visits.
- Supporting customers through the financial closings of projects.
- Participating in continuous improvement efforts for the Solar IE team, including leading tool development, process refinement, and lessons learned activities.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or related energy field. Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the solar industry in the context of engineering, estimation, construction, development, origination, consulting, or project management
- Familiarity with energy industry technology (modules, inverters, mounting system, balance of system, etc) and contracts (construction, supply, operations, interconnection, offtake, and/or asset management contracts); understanding of budgets and financial models
- Project management and time management skills, including an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines and to establish and maintain good relations with clients
- Some concentration of experience in at least one of the following: solar industry construction and operating contracts, solar project construction, operations/asset management, solar project design/development, module/inverter technology, power marketing/offtake contracting, or energy storage technology and implementation (Preferred). Having experience in the wind industry or other renewables may be advantageous
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 20% of the time. (Note: travel expectations are significantly curtailed during the COVID-19 pandemic).
- Able to sit for long periods of time, when working in office; but also climb rooftops with appropriate gear and walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites
- Solution-oriented thinking skills – identifying technical risks and formulating solutions or work-arounds that allow development and financing/investment to proceed
- Displaying high integrity and honesty – clients rely on DNV GL’s independence and its responsibility to perform a rigorous but fair review of a project
- Fluent in MS Office products
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations, and emails, and to clearly communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Manager, Solar Independent Engineering visit our website at www.dnvgl.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!