EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Carpenter
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a temporary Carpenter with a minimum of three year's general repair experience. This position is located in Washington, D.C.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for typical carpenter trade tasks including constructing, installing, erecting, and repairing fixtures and structures made from wood and other materials.
- Will use different construction tools, such as small hand tools, saws, drills, and a wide variety of mechanized tools.
- The Carpenter will cut and shape different materials and then use screws, nails, staples, or adhesives to join them.
- Skills must include building stairs, installing cabinets, using power tools, joining materials, painting, shaping wood, and systems furniture.
- Must be physically fit, have knowledge of building codes, be able to perform measuring, sizing, and cutting tasks.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude, be able to solve mathematical problems, have manual dexterity, be able to interpret drawings and diagrams and have good sense of balance
- Unless a higher degree is specified in this job posting, all positions require a minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Use Power Tool
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: CARPE02193
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME) is a Fortune 500 company and a
leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy
infrastructure, and building services.
View the full profile
A provider of critical infrastructure systems, EMCOR gives
life to new structures and sustains life in existing ones by its planning,
installing, operating, maintaining, and protecting the sophisticated and
dynamic systems that create facility environments This includes electrical,
mechanical, lighting, air conditioning, heating, security, fire protection, and
power generation systems---in virtually every sector of the economy and for a
diverse range of businesses, organizations and government. EMCOR represents a
rare combination of broad reach with local execution, combining the strength of
an industry leader with the knowledge and care of 170 locations.