At Shipley Energy, you are part of an essential team, making sure our customers get the energy they need to keep their businesses running smoothly and homes comfortable all year long. In order to take care of our customers, we know we need to take care of our employees first.
Benefits You Receive at Shipley Energy
The career opportunities and benefits are endless, but here are a few of the highlights:
* Flexible schedules
* Park near your home, so you have a shorter commute
* 20 days paid time off + paid holidays
* Healthcare, dental, vision, life, disability, and critical illness insurance
* Employee discounts on energy
* Free gym memberships
* 401k + match
* Professional training and development
* Tuition reimbursement
* Team appreciation luncheons and events
* Company-sponsored events, like baseball games or races
* Company-provided uniforms
* Free work boots each year
* Tool allowance for Technicians
* Home every day
Who We're Looking For
A skilled technicaint to install, repair, and maintain systems and appliances for our residential customers.
Starting at $24+ based on experience
* High school education or equivalent experience
* 2 years' experience in propane preferred
* Committed to the values of initiative, responsibility, caring relationships, integrity and innovation
* Able to speak, read, and write English
* Valid CDL Class C preferred
* 21 years of age according to DOT requirements
* Able to possess or obtain CETP Certification
* Able to pass a DOT physical and drug/alcohol test
* Able to operate Crane/ Lift Gate and Motorized Cart
* Able to climb ladders and work off of scaffolding
* Able to lift, pull, and/or push 75 pounds
* Able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, and reach for extended periods of time
* Able to furnish own hand tools
* Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and on call as scheduled
* Diagnose and repair propane tanks and systems
* Install propane tanks and / or assist with tank installations
* Train other technicians when required
* Provide all customers with consistent, quality service in accordance with company procedure
* Positively promote the company's products and services
* Assist other team members to achieve maximum success, safety, and efficiency
* Maintain the service truck with the appropriate parts inventory
* Maintain a neat appearance in proper, clean uniform at all times
* Perform regular vehicle maintenance checks and maintain a clean vehicle at all times
* Follow prescribed credit hold policy related to service disconnections and connections
* Perform all duties in a safe manner insuring incident-free operations
* Report any unsafe equipment, conditions, or practices to the Propane Service Manager
* Report any incident or accident immediately to the Propane Service Manager
* Complete projects and other duties as assigned by the Propane Service Manager
Who We Are
Shipley Energy is the largest, privately-held energy company in Pennsylvania. We provide fuel, electricity, natural gas, heating oil, propane, and heating and cooling services to businesses and households throughout the Northeast. With over 350 employees, offices in Ohio and Pennsylvania, and flexible remote or hybrid positions, we have many opportunities to choose from.
We've got the open mindset and nimbleness of a startup but the stability of being in business for over 90 years. We work hard, and we play hard.
We know that what we do is greater than all of us. We're not just an "energy company." We're so much more! Providing life-saving fuel, fixing a broken furnace when it's freezing outside, and helping our customers control their electricity bills are just a few of the ways we make a difference.
At Shipley Energy, you're part of a team that values work-life balance, encourages personal growth, and always looks to promote within. Come join us and be a part of a culture where your full potential can be met, excellence is recognized and rewarded, and the safety and well-being of team members come first.
The future of energy is bright, and we'd love for you to be part of it! Apply today.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Construction Toolkits
- Hardworking And Dedicated