MV Transportation is seeking a Payroll Assistant (Union Dues) for our Elk Horn, Iowa Support Center. Successful applicant will perform duties as assigned with an emphasis in the following areas:
- Update and maintain union employee records as needed
- Collaborate with HR, Garnishment, Payroll processing and Vacation departments
- Maintain accurate records and files
- Prepare reconciliations and check requests for union dues
- Prepare specific reports/data for union dues
- Process all phases of employee union dues and answer employee, company & union inquiries.
- Maintain and verify union dues data in the Lawson system
- Work on any and all other Union Dues duties necessary
- Perform various payroll administrative duties such as scanning & indexing.
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional appearance and demeanor are requested
- Adherence to MV company employee policies are required
- Attendance according to local policy.
- Maintain a safe and organized work area.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have data entry, payroll processing and clerical experience.
- General knowledge of windows-based computer operating systems.
- Proficiency in Excel required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow directions.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.