To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Windsor, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Network Engineer (NOC)
Apex Systems • Windsor, CT
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This role is part of a team responsible for the continuous operation and performance of the enterprise network, specifically centered on application load balancing related to F5 technologies. This position will provide operational and vendor oversight on problem determination and problem resolution for application load balancing problems within the enterprise data network. This person will be responsible for driving problems to resolution through methodical troubleshooting and by working with our network support vendor. This position will ensure high quality service delivery through daily monitoring of F5’s performance, responsiveness to problems, crisis management, and adherence to service levels. A person in this role is expected to respond to high impact issues on their shift. Shift 1 - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and every other Wednesday. Shift 3 – Thursday Friday, Saturday, and every other Wednesday for 365x24x7 support.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and a least 3 years’ experience in load balancing technologies and general LAN/WAN networking, or its equivalent in education and work experience. Minimum of F5-CA (Certified Administrator), CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) or JNCIA (Juniper Networks Certified Internetworking Associate) certification. Experience with PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) relating to the implementation and management of SSL certificates. Experience in the use of multiple network tools such as Syslog, Splunk, SevOne, HPNA, and TCPDump for network troubleshooting. Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations. Drive process improvements and procedures that will improve overall business and customer objectives. Serve as a subject matter expert in supporting F5 load balancers with BIG-IP LTM and GTM technologies.
- Provide tier I/ tier II support for network load balancing systems and infrastructure.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose F5 hardware and software issues.
- Operate and improve services in accordance with business needs, priorities and SLAs.
- Work with internal teams to provide solutions for identified system vulnerabilities.
- Prior experience with a large enterprise network, preferably in the healthcare sector.
- Hands-on experience with F5 load balancers and knowledge of load balancing technologies.
- Understanding of different F5 device types, physical and virtual.
- Experience with automation\scripting (Python, PHP, MySQL, Ansible)
- Knowledge of security protocols and implementations including NAT and ACLs.
- Well versed in crisis management and root cause analysis techniques.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Provide periodic performance reports for review with management providing input on improvements and quality initiatives.
- Support of new changes and modification to existing applications and services, as related to F5 configurations
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178