Thompson Turner seeks to hire a Project Manager located in Columbia, SC. In this role, you will need to plan, ect, and coordinate activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time and budget parameters.
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time and budget parameters
• Reviews project proposal or plans to determine schedule, budget limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
• Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel or subcontractors.
• Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
• Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Prepares status reports on project and makes presentation no less than monthly to clients and corporate personnel as required.
• Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
• May coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies
• Responsible for execution of project as designed and submits change orders for any adjustments to the plan as necessary
• Oversees safety compliance and performance. Ensures immediate corrective actions are taken if necessary
• Participates in the evaluation of the Site Superintends performance in his effectiveness in implementing and enforcing management values
• Responsible for customer’s satisfaction with Thompson Turner services
• Monitors and guides the on-site staff with regard to the following issues:
• Personnel issues
• Acts as a liaison between on-site group and corporate headquarters
6+ years minimum experience building commercial general contracting projects. Experience with civil, structural steel projects extremely helpful.
• Must have 4 year degree in engineering or construction management degree or equivalent and experience.
• Must have superior computer skills, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Self-directed with strong organizational skills, attention to details.
• Strong math and analytical skills in regard to cost and pricing.
• Ability to work effectively and ensure that we meet project deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
• Previous work building industrial buildings a plus.
• Willing to work overtime as required to meet deadlines.
• Candidate may be required to pass a Criminal background check based on job location/requirements.
Excellent work environment with competitive benefits and compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
- Attention To Detail
- Construction Management