You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
- Department: Ultrasound
- Schedule: 8 hour shift-part time-10PM-6:30AM. This position works rotating weekends and some holidays.
- Hospital: Ascension Genesys
- Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
The Ultrasound Technologist, also known as Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, will work under general supervision and perform ultrasound diagnostic examinations, obtain information for procedures such as patient anatomy, pathology and fetal development, ensure ultrasound examinations are of acceptable quality and records results, perform other related duties as requested by authorized personnel, and demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care to the age group(s) served.
- Review patient's charts and physicians orders, establishes positive patient identification and questions patient to ascertain any pertinent information.
- Produce quality images by selecting the appropriate technical factors, equipment and transducer settings.
- Correctly positions patient and manipulates the various equipment components properly including computer keyboard manipulation.
- Explain procedure to patient.
- Observe and record images from the sound wave display screen.
- Detect pathologies and determine location and associated abnormalities.
- Determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Practice sterile technique as required when assisting the physician with invasive procedures.
- Provide a written impression to the Radiologist with the interpretation of the ultrasonic images.
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained and notifies appropriate personnel of equipment problems.
- Knowledge and ability to use hospital and networking system computers.
- Keep current with ultrasound procedures and equipment.
- Assist in the instruction and training of the radiology and ultrasound students.
- Perform other related duties as required by authorized personnel.
- Actively participates in radiation dosage monitoring program.
- Deliver quality patient care, including the use of universal precautions, ensuring patient confidentiality and practicing appropriate medical ethics.
- Essential Functions:.
- Must have ability to be mobile and use normal manual dexterity.
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally, written, by telephone; with staff, physicians and patients.
- Assist, move, transfer, support and lift patients.
- Ability to move standard ultrasound and radiological equipment.
- Ability to plan, follow directions and problem solve.
- Knowledge to learn to operate hospital, Radiology computer systems and digital Networking.
- Working Conditions:
- Subject to electrical and related energy hazards. Lifts, assist, support and transfer patients and supplies.
- Must have capability to stand a good portion of the work day.
- Exposed to patient illness and communicable diseases.
- Orientation Requirements:.
- All employees are required to participate in the following orientations:
- New employee orientation.
- Center/departmental orientation.
- All employees are required to participate in the following orientations:
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the official job description.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. If a non-accredited program was completed, must obtain one (1) year of experience and then complete registration 6 months.
- Requires completion of two years post-high school education in an allied health science such as nursing or radiologic technology, as well as knowledge of ultrasound techniques and procedures.
- Requires completion of a twelve month ultrasound training program, or the equivalent in education and relevant work experience. Must obtain continuing education as required by ARRT.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Must possess guest relation and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients, physicians, visitors and contacts to hospital.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300 related healthcare facilities that together employ nearly 23,000 compassionate associates. When you join our care teams, you join a team dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve throughout Michigan.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Ultrasound Technologist poster or [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Ultrasound Technologist poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Computer Keyboards
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: ASC-10223_231758
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.