Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions.
Optum Advisory Services is seeking a Senior Data Architect to be an integral part of cloud-based data warehousing and analytics initiatives for our Health systems/Provider clients. As a cloud Data Architect, you will be responsible for defining the data architecture and designing the data models for innovative solutions using cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, and/or GCP. You'll be working directly with clients to help define their cloud native Data Architecture strategy and translating their needs through the implementation of cutting-edge cloud data solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead analysis, data architecture, design, and data modelling for cloud data warehouse, data lake and data mart and business intelligence solutions
- Creating and maintaining the conceptual, Logical and Physical Data models for enterprise data warehouse/data mart initiatives in the Healthcare Provider domain
- Identifying and curating the data standardization and data quality rules
- Leading and providing direction to Business Data Analysts for data analysis, data profiling and source to target mapping
- Provide guidance and support to the development and QA teams on triaging the remediating complex data scenarios identified during development/testing
- Responsible for creating data migration strategies for both historical and incremental data on an ongoing basis
- Research, analyze, recommend, and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging migration, development, and integration problems
- Conduct and support white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed, playing a key role in client relations
- Lead and contribute to data implementation projects and/or project independent workstreams
- Work independently, or as part of a team, to design and develop enterprise data solutions
- Mentor junior team members
- Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside comfort zone
- Strong written and oral communications along with presentation and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to learn new technologies and analytics techniques while on the job
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in information technology, engineering, math, computer science, analytics, engineering, or another related field)
- 12 + years of data engineering / data warehousing experience designing and building Data warehouse / Data marts / Data Lakes
- 6+ years of data modeling experience and in a data architect role for enterprise data warehouses, across multiple subject areas.
- 6+ years of experience in designing and implementing data models for applications and/or reporting with strong knowledge of data/dimensional modeling concepts
- 5+ experience in healthcare data and related data domains
- 5+ years of experience with data modelling tools like ERWIN
- 5+ years of experience in data profiling & data analysis in a data warehouse environment
- 5+ years of experience in creating Source to Target Mappings and ETL design for integration of new/modified data streams into the data warehouse/data marts
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience and familiar with data across Healthcare Provider domains (i.e.Patient, Provider, Encounter, Billing, Claims , Eligibility etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud data warehouse architecture on Azure/AWS
- Hands-on experience in Azure data movement and transformation capabilities (Azure Data Factory, Data Lake Analytics, Data Bricks, Stream Analytics, Synapse Analytics)
- Experience with Cloud Data warehouse platforms (Azure Synapse / Snowflake preferably)
- Experience in using FHIR model and mapping to FHIR resources
- Experience in languages such as Spark and streaming data ingestion using Kafka
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams
- Proven ability to work with clients to understand requirements and envision data ingestion solutions
- Proficient in a relevant programming language for cloud platform e.g. Python/Java/C# as well as SQL
- Hands-on development experience using and migrating data to cloud platforms (i.e. lift-and-shift)
- Understanding of distributed systems and architecture design trade-offs
- Implementation experience and/or exposure to data architectures like Delta Lake and/or Lambda for designing data ingestion frameworks for both real time and batch processing
- Experience with conceptualizing and architecting data lakes on cloud-centric platforms; with an ability to articulate the value and key components of data lakes
- Consulting experience
- Project management experience
If you're the kind of thinker and leader who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, bring yourself over to Optum. You'll discover an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Architect, data architect, consultant, erwin, physical logical, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN