General Purpose:Job Requirements
To assure quality patient/client care and services are provided to in home clients. Accountable for making decisions based on his/her educational preparation and experience in nursing.Essential Functions:
- Performs assessments and procedures, which require substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon principles of psychological, biological, physical and social sciences.
- Develops working relationships with discharge planners and social service workers.
- Assesses and reviews the matching of employee skills to client needs.
- Visits in home clients to evaluate the quality of care being provided and reviews clinical notes.
- Completes nursing initial and ongoing assessments of all in home clients within specified deadlines.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
- Obtains physicians plans of treatment and orders, and initiates their execution.
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
- Counsels and educates the patient/client and family in meeting healthcare related needs.
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing the patient’s/client’s progress.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient/client care and planning for discharge.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
- Supervises paraprofessional and licensed professional team members.
- Secures equipment and supplies and coordinates placement for use in the home.
- Refers to other services as needed.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness program, as requested.
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively manage an assigned patient population.
- Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
- Must be licensed in the state of Minnesota
- Must have experience as either CNA, LPN, or RN in home care.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Health Coverage
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated. ©2018 Interim HealthCare Inc.Other Info
- Job City: Duluth
- Job State: MN
- Employee Type: Full Time
Licensed Practical Nurse
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 792-000066
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
National Corporate Profile
View the full profile
Interim HealthCare franchised offices employ nurses, therapists, aides, companions and other healthcare professionals who provide 25 million hours of home care service to 190,000 people each year, meeting a variety of home health, senior care, hospice, palliative care, pediatric care and healthcare staffing needs.
We offer the perfect combination of flexibility and stability you’re looking for in a healthcare employer. As America’s leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing, chances are we have the right assignment to fit your needs – as well as online training and other opportunities to help you advance your career.