To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jacksonville, FL
- Stephanie Worrock
- Phone: 9042232087
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Technical Business Analyst
TEKsystems, Inc • Jacksonville, FL
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Business Analyst
*****Candidate must eligible work W2, no C2C opportunity at this time**********
Activities and Deliverable
- Works with Business management to develop priorities, define requirements and recommend solutions.
- Works closely with business unit staff (clients) to identify business needs and the costs and benefits of implementing technology solutions.
- Coordinates business and IT cross-functional teams to develop business requirements using process modeling techniques and tools.
- Interfaces with business users and other IT groups to communicate user requirements and resolve technology problems (application, database, interface, network, etc).
- Leads and drives requirements meetings, client update meetings and management status meetings
- Delivers informative, well organized presentations and documentation
- Understands how to communicate concepts and provide structure to conversations and meetings
- Elicits and analyzes requirements and business rules
- Develops written documents using clear and concise language
- Documents requirements in Use Case format
- Identifies and documents all potential 'scenarios' with their business partners to eliminate risks and meet client expectations
- Requirement/Solution verification and validation: Verify and validate the requirements meets the business needs.
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of the solution.
- Assist business users in creating test plans, test scripts and documenting test results
- Facilitates user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Assist the business in articulating the business value of specific solutions, including assistance in creation of business cases and project capital expenditure requests (CER)s.
- Solution Design: Apply benchmarking, brainstorming and decision analysis concepts to create and design solutions.
- Follows Requirements Management storage procedures to manage conflicts, issues and changes to requirements and/or solution scope.
- Uses appropriate tools, including use cases, process models, non functional requirements, user interface wireframes, UML activity diagrams, state diagrams, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas that are maintainable and supportable.
Project Management (Optional)
- Formulates/defines project scope and objectives, and helps in the creation of achievable project scope by facilitating communication between business and technology stakeholders.
- Has ownership for the successful delivery of technology projects as assigned.
- Creates and manages project plans.
- Understands, manages, and communicates organizational impacts/risks posed by projects.
- Manages project issues and scope change processes
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Communicates status updates to stakeholders
- Manages project tasks, timelines and delivery of milestones in a matrix project organization.
- Manages user request submission and assists in the prioritization with the business
- 5-7 years of business analysis experience.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience. Strong technical skills with deep experience with both web based and client server architecture.
- Proven experience designing and building complex applications from the ground up.
- Strong analytical skills, familiarity with relational database concepts, client-server, mainframe and/or web concepts.
- Experience with packaged software applications containing complex business functionality.
- In depth experience with use cases, process models, non functional requirements, user interface wireframes, UML activity diagrams, state diagrams .
- Proficient in using the tools and creating requirement artifacts including Use cases, requirements gathering, and JAD sessions
- SDLC frameworks, including Rational Unified Process, Microsoft Solutions Framework, and agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills & ability to effectively communicate to both business & technical leaders.
- Must have excellent relationship management skills and be able to work closely with business customers to define requirements and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Must possess skill sets and demonstrated, proven experience developing, improving and streamlining processes to meet established goals and objectives.
Requires the ability to effectively manage complex projects that may vary in nature and scope
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.