Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Lake County/Chicago, IL, currently has an opportunity for an Experience Strategy & Delivery Manager. This leadership role oversees vision, strategy and delivery of multiple programs including Abbott Design System, Ecommerce & Emerging technology experiences, UX Toolchain, build capabilities in User research and Mobile experience and work closely with Delivery leaders to design think and deliver outcome driven experiences. This role is not an individual contributor role and would require people and stakeholder management skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
DesignOps is key aspect of this role, as design assets to be developed at Abbott grow exponentially, strategic design management helps cross functional teams collaborate on UX process and improve adoption of enterprise UX toolchain.
This role is not similar to an internal UX/design agency, rather it focuses on design management, experience strategy (Web, mobile, Ecom) and deep design thinking and service design. This includes creating, and managing design system strategy, lead design thinking and internal brainstorming workshops, manage Abbott enterprise UX toolchain, supporting external/internal designers, managing design sprints for projects, leading service design and design thinking workshops which spread across web, mobile, & ecommerce.
- Strategize, develop, evangelize, and execute the experience roadmap within Corp Digital IT for a smooth delivery process.
- Build and deliver roadmap for Mobile, Ecommerce, Emerging technology, while managing and growing team.
- Strengthen the Abbott Design System capability which promotes reducing dev and Design waste, increase in adoption of Atomic design, speed to the market and accessibility at scale.
- Manage cross charge, funding requirements and day to day managerial financial activities for the team and toolchain managed.
- Strategize and operationalize journey as services and product as components, reduce design and dev waste.
- Ensure right design – developer handoff process, and internal UX process and methodology as external agencies and new partners join the Abbott enterprise ecosystem.
- Decrease waste, defects, and shadow IT. Increase compliance, raise accessibility standards, digital business adoption, speed to market, reusability via DesignOps, UX, accessibility and create
- Amplify outbound messaging of experiences through collaboration with Business, Creative agencies, BA, SQA, and other internal Abbott teams or external creative, research agencies.
- Ensure Abbott values, methodology, process, workflows, and plan project for UX design while evolving the process iteratively with learnings.
- Work on Experience strategy, evangelize and lead governance.
- Conduct research to identify user needs and goals and create validated persona ethnography
- Use heuristic and qualitative testing techniques to create UX plans in overall project, research, evaluate, contract, onboard, brief and manage UX agencies, conduct testing, analyze results, and write findings
- Verify user requirements, user stories, customer journey maps, empathy maps, service blueprints, mental models, personas, and research plans
- Analyze UX research and test result data and develop reports that help optimize outcomes and shape business decisions
- End to end ownership of various new / existing MSA’s, NDA’s process with multiple external partners / agencies to strengthen the partner relationship as a key deliverable.
- Ensure all UX and design toolchain and are within Abbott enterprise ecosystem.
- Develop Procurement and vendor management relationship internally and externally and ensure smooth and timed, risk free procurement process
- Determine relevant metrics, establish goals and create appropriate reports to track progress and evaluate program results, analyze efficiencies and modify strategies based upon results as needed
- Perform ad hoc analyses and provide analytical consultation and support to key stakeholders
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design / Human Factors or related field/ Master’s Degree- preferred
- Leadership role in current organization
- Working knowledge of design tools and product development platforms: Sketch, Figma, Abstract, Invision, JIRA, or Adobe Creative Suite
- 7+ years of digital design experience
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience with helping set product strategy through methods like design sprints, quarterly or yearly planning, and team brainstorms
- Problem Solver – You have ability to solve problems with creative thinking and design while making the experience seamless
- Strong Communicator. You convey information clearly and simply, in a way that means things are understood and get done, as comfortable with sociology as they are with statistics
- Attention to Detail. You are willing to dive deep into customer pain points to root cause issues while empowering your team to make daily decisions
- Skills in areas not limited to UX and interaction design, User Research, Website & Product Strategy, Mobile app design, Persona Creation, Journey Mapping, Usability Testing, Prototyping, Design tools
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Experience Strategy & Delivery Manager
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
- User Story
- Usability Testing
- Stakeholder Management