To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
151 International Boulevard
Clarksville, TN 37040
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hendrickson USA, L.L.C • Clarksville, TN
Posted 1 month ago
POSITION: QA Engineer
GRADE and/or SALARY RANGE: 130
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
Area of Accountability:
Responsible for the activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished assemblies or components.
- Assist manufacturing in start-up of new processes (MPAP’s) as well as necessary MPAP’s associated with equipment moves, process changes, design changes, etc.
- Demonstrate understanding of AQP documentation, revisions, and necessary follow up.
- Support and demonstrate understanding of the importance and significance of timely yet accurate updates for process changes.
- Demonstrate effective team skills through participation and facilitation in team activities.
- Provide immediate containment actions and assist QA and Production department with containment efforts.
- Perform effective IATF 16949 audits as a trained and experienced lead auditor. Conduct audits of the Quality Management System elements per established procedures and report audit results to quality management. Assist management in implementing quality systems elements. Maintain document control system per established procedures. Advise management on potential quality system issues and recommend improvements to the quality system. Document quality work instructions as directed. Initiate immediate and effective necessary containment and the corresponding Quality Alerts for communicating quality issues to shop floor.
- Have primary responsibility for EP&T install, maintenance, implementation, training, and process planning. Leads and facilitates all EP&T processes and efforts for the plant.
- Champion assigned Continuous Improvement activities for areas of responsibility.
- Track and report scrap, rework, appraisal costs, prevention costs, and failure costs of quality.
- Champion CC/OFI (customer concern) timely corrective action responses with appropriate cross-functional team. Maintain documentation of meetings, corrective action responses, and evidence of follow up.
- Maintain documentation of inspection documents and report results to management.
- Advise quality and manufacturing engineering on potential quality issues.
- Assist in production training as directed by management.
- Create, maintain, and update document control records.
- Conduct Receiving Inspection of incoming material if needed.
- Conduct customer specific requirements and quality audits on finished product before shipment.
- Make use of measuring equipment as needed for assigned tasks. Maintain gages and measuring equipment. Support current calibration systems per established procedures. Recommend repair, replacement or upgrade of gages and measuring equipment to management.
- Assist production in the use, maintenance, availability and training for assigned measuring equipment and gages. Coordinate and assist with equipment installation and start up and purchase of measuring and testing devices.
Education and Training
• Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Assurance or other related degree program or equivalent experience in applicable area is acceptable.
• Desired AIAG or RAB certified lead auditor
Desired experienced ASQ CQE
- Must have 3-5 years of quality experience
- Welding, fabricating, and/or machining experience preferred
- Familiar with the use of gages (calipers, micrometers, etc.)
- Ability to understand MSA studies; process capability, perform studies, and conduct gage R & R studies
- Familiar with use of SPC
- Effective communication skills
- Assertive, self-confident, and meticulous
- Strong team work skills
- Experience in training others
• Constant sitting and grasping
• Occasional driving, grasping and pinching
• Minimal standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing and reaching
• Lift up to 5 lbs.
• Carry up to 5 lbs. approximately 25 feet
• Push/Pull 10 lbs. of force 5 feet
• Work Environment: Office/Administrative
• Lighting: Adequate
• Ventilation: Adequate
• Temperature: Temperature Controlled with AC/Heat.
• Innovative - Feeling comfortable in fast-changing environments; being willing to take risks and to consider new and untested approaches
• Persuasive - Building commitment by convincing others and winning them over to your point of view
• Excitement - Operating with a good deal of energy, intensity and emotional expression; having a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved
• Tactical - Emphasizing the production of immediate results by focusing on short-range, hands-on, practical strategies
• Feedback - Letting others know in a straightforward manner what you think of them, how well they have performed and if they have met your needs and expectations
• Production - Adopting a strong orientation toward achievement, holding high expectations for yourself and others, pushing yourself and others to achieve at high levels
• Cooperation - Accommodating the needs and interests of others by being willing to defer performance on your own objectives in order to assist colleagues with theirs
• Consensual - Valuing the ideas and opinions of others and collecting their input as part of your decision-making process.
• Empathy - Demonstrating an active concern for people and their needs by forming close and supportive relationships with others
• Attention to Detail - Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
• Development & Continual Learning - Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
• Facilitating Groups - Enables cooperative and productive group interactions.
• Listening - Understands and learns from what others say.
• Stress Tolerance - Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
• Tact - Diplomatically handles challenging or tense interpersonal situations.
• Training & Presenting Information - Formally delivers information to groups.
*This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management’s sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice.Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: US-TN-Clarksville
Work Locations: 151 International Blvd Clarksville 37040
Job Type: Full-time
Job : Jan 23, 2019, 9:34:44 AM