To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor I, Manufacturing
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Rochester, MN
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Supervisor I, Manufacturing with our Manufacturing/Production team
Location: Rochester, MN
The Manufacturing Supervisor assigns and coordinates activities of workers engaged in assembling, testing and inspecting of assemblies and subassemblies on 1st shift Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Analyze production schedule and assign jobs to line workers needed to meet delivery dates
- Plan work assignments for group on basis of priority and worker skills
- Assign duties to workers and evaluate worker performance
- Implement company policies and procedures
- Examine product according to knowledge of manufacturing and quality standards to ensure acceptability
- Review work orders, product specifications, technical instructions and facility requirements, requisition tools. Equipment and supplies for section
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Adapt easily to changing programs; flexible to do tasks assigned
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively mentor employees
- Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools
- Ability to drive solutions to planning issues with direction from senior management
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
- Effectively analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with employees and customers
- Effective problem solving skills
- Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment and professionalism when representing the company
- Demonstrate leadership and people management skills
- Demonstrate teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with direction
- Lead or participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation, including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a small group through successful process improvement projects
2+ years of electronics manufacturing experience; 1+ years in a leadership role; Experience in contract manufacturing preferred
4 year degree Required
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.