The Remote Reunification Specialist is responsible for conducting activities related to the appropriate vetting and pairing of unaccompanied alien child(ren) (UAC) with their appropriate sponsors, consistent with internal Endeavors procedures and U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) policy.
- Option A: Undergraduate degree in social work, social sciences, non-profit case management, or related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 1 year of experience relevant to the position and working with vulnerable (inclusive of child welfare) or migrant populations.
Option B: Two-year college degree in social work, social services/sciences, non-profit case management, or related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 2 years of experience relevant to the position and working with vulnerable (inclusive of child welfare) or migrant populations.
- Option C: No educational experience required, but a minimum of 3 years of experience relevant to the position and working with vulnerable (inclusive of child welfare) or migrant populations.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to details.
- Proficiency in Spanish/English (written and spoken language skills), required.
- Other bilingual capabilities also sought.
- Eligible to receive, pass, and maintain e-QIP background check - initiated by the National Background Investigations Bureau.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including good communication skills, listening skills, and attitude.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Google tools.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident.
LICENSES: Driver’s License with clear record required.
VEHICLE: Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice. Valid driver’s license, access to an automobile, insurance, and willingness to drive to off-site locations, highly preferred.
OTHER: Must be available and willing to travel to various locations (30-40%) and with such frequency as the business need dictates. Must be available and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as required to meet business needs. Willingness to work other duties as required. Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
EXCEPTIONS TO THESE CRITERIA MUST BE APPROVED BY THE DEPARTMENT HEAD.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
COMMUNICATION: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral and written means. Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to staff, board, funders, vendors, customers and the general public.
COMPOSURE: Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
COMPUTER: Proficient knowledge of Word; complex tables, forms, etc. Working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; Visio a plus. Proficiency with project management software. 50 WPM, 95% accuracy.
DECISION MAKING: Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of decisions. Requires high level of concentration, focus and use of memory. Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
MANAGEMENT: Knowledge of business and management practices involved in strategic planning, budgeting, resource allocation and leadership. Works with a bias towards action. Ability to evaluate effectiveness of initiatives. Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable.
NEGOTIATION: Ability to persuade and influence regulatory representatives to reach optimum audit and/or investigation results. Ability to present the organization in a professional manner in all negotiations.
ORGANIZATION: Ability to keep various on-going projects organized and files maintained accurately. Above normal levels of concentration and memory required. Requires good time management practices and the ability to mee
Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable federal laws. Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. also complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location its employees are working. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. are 'Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.'
Post Internal Days