GAF Energy is transforming the rooftop solar industry to generate Energy From Every Roof TM. As a Standard Industries company, GAF Energy works in partnership with North America’s largest roofing and waterproofing manufacturer, GAF, offering affordable, integrated and aesthetic rooftop solar options to residential and commercial customers. For more information about GAF Energy, visit URL blocked - click to apply.
What part will you play?
- GAF Energy is seeking a Test Engineer to help develop novel new products that harvest energy from rooftops and delivers customer satisfaction
- This exciting role will report to the Director of Product Development & Engineering and work within a cross-functional team to develop products. The ideal candidate must have a great understanding of test tools and methods used to qualify and certify solar electrical and mechanical equipment. With outstanding technical acumen, attention to detail, and strong hands-on skills you can help us protect what matters most
- This person will be responsible for setting up, conducting, tracking, and acquiring data around system and component performance for GAF Energy’s suite of products
What will you be doing?
- Develop test criteria, methods, and pass/fail criteria for products
- Design, procure, and/or build test apparatus
- Collaborate with engineering teams and continuously provide input on design and development
- Develop test plans and testing schedules and ensure they are implemented accordingly
- Manage equipment and calibrations and maintain to high standards in order to ensure a safe and highly productive work space
- Implement continuous improvements and best practices within the lab, recommend new equipment to keep capabilities at peak performance and efficiency
- Identify and communicate failures and anomalies and track to resolution
What do we require from you?
- 3+ years of experience in testing of solar, battery, utility interconnection, building materials and systems
- Creativity & problem solving skills
- Significant project experience in a technical role, must be able to demonstrate strong leadership capability
- A can-do attitude
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external functional teams verbally, in writing, and via presentations
Complex Problem Solving
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 9545
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.