Company OverviewAbout CST
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. (CST) is a private, family owned, global leader in the development and commercialization of antibodies, assays, and research tools. As a company of scientists for scientists, we have developed XMT® technology, a proprietary method to develop exceptional monoclonal antibodies, PTMScan®, a technology to discover protein post-translational modifications, and PhosphoSitePlus®, an online resource for investigation of post-translational modifications. We are passionate about our role in contributing to the life science industry's advancing of the human condition through accelerating the discovery and development of innovative therapies for human disease. We are fully committed to developing new research tools to help define the mechanisms underlying cell function and disease, thereby broadly accelerating progress in biomedical research and medicine.The Role
We are seeking a knowledgeable Business Analyst to join our fast-paced IT Lab Informatics group. This position provides business analysis, project management, software configuration, and hands-on systems support for multiple technologies within the Lab Informatics portfolio. You will partner with the Product Development, Production Manufacturing and Marketing business teams, IT project teams, IT Engineering and IT Operations teams to understand needs, define requirements, identify, implement and support technology solutions, following Agile methodologies.You'll have the opportunity to....
What you bring to the team....
- Perform business process analysis, process improvement design and business requirements-gathering from the customers and translate them to specific software requirements
- Participate in needs analysis and business risk assessment, and consult with the customer on how to best support their area through the effective use of technology
- Participate in release planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, and sprint planning, demos and other Agile Scrum related meetings
- Prepare testable requirements (user stories) and use cases
- Provide ongoing change control, maintenance and end-user support for computer systems supported by the IT Lab Informatics department.
- Address issues within authorized scope, including managing access authorizations and minor back-end data-quality updates using ORACLE SQL and PL/SQL, in collaboration with database and business analyst teams
- Prepare software development life cycle deliverables, such as functional specifications, design documents and test cases
What we offer....
- BA/BS in a related field; MS or MA in a related field a plus
- 2+ years experience as a business systems analyst specializing in laboratory systems such as laboratory information management systems (LIMS), electronic notebooks (ELN), and/or scientific data management systems (SDMS), preferably within or supporting the biotech/pharma industry
- A solid understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with a strong focus on customer service and team collaboration
At Cell Signaling Technology we recognize that people will always be our most important asset. Providing a safe, inclusive, and stimulating working environment that understands the importance of diversity, human dignity and meaningful work is as important as establishing company policies that incorporate excellent health insurance and pay benefits. We recognize that development of people is the key to their happiness and thus ensure every employee has impactful discussions with their manager and develops actionable performance and professional development plans. Lastly, we are committed to engaging and supporting our employees in committees and philanthropy that benefit their local communities and environment through community investment programs.Benefits
- Medical (BCBS) and Dental (Delta Dental) plans paid at 90%
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending accounts
- 401(k) Plan with 6% match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous PTO package
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Subsidized Cafeteria
- Free Parking
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families, our communities, partners and customers. In order to promote that safety and well-being, we require that all US-based employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Applicants who receive an offer of employment who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated, or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief, may make a request for exemption. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company.
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran or as a member of the military or status in any group protected by applicable federal or state laws.AGENCIES
All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of CST, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by CST for this position and a valid agreement with CST is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the CST agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Agile Methodology
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Processes
- Business Requirements