Job Summary: Implements sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the sourcing activities related to his/her assigned portfolio in order to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Implements sourcing plans with the goal of assuring specified quality, required delivery times and minimizing the total cost of the products and services.
- Documents performance to action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects.
- Selects a high-performance supply base for assigned portfolio, in accordance with short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category Managers.
- Conducts RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
- Evaluates current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service.
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Executes contract negotiation and development in coordination with Sourcing Manager and Contract Specialists.
- Drives the parts and process qualification, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams.
- Works closely with Sourcing Manager or Sourcing Leader to guarantee supply for all portfolios.
- Effectively communicates with and maintains the highest degree of relations between the Company and all levels of supplier personnel.
- Builds strong relationships with internal customers in order to meet defined objectives.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks.
- Complies with all client, EMS and local procedures applicable to the job function.
- SLB Personnel may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.Specific deliverables of the position:
- Compliance with sourcing plans.
- Effective supplier base including lead time, quality and cost improvements.
- Contracts and pricing agreements.
Key Performance metrics that relate to the job:
- Cost Savings- % Managed Spend- % Global Sourcing- % Spend with Preferred suppliers
- Reduction of the numbers of Approved Suppliers Education
Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Engineering. Required Experience: Refer to the applicable competencies listed in the competency management system.
Additional Job Details:
Preferred previous experience in Sourcing and Engineering.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Product Quality Assurance
Support Testing Activity