GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
We are seeking a Senior US Direct Tax Analyst to join our growing organization. Flexibility anywhere within the US is available and can be performed remotely or on a hybrid basis.
You have the opportunity to work with the North America Tax Manager to support the income tax compliance needs of the US entities. You have a strong interest and ability to develop your knowledge of taxation in these tax areas by conducting research and pursuing external professional development. Responsibilities include:
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Annual and semi-annual income tax provisions for the US entities under IFRS, including provision to return true-ups, and tax general ledger reconciliations
- Filing of US federal and state income and franchise tax returns, and informational filings such as 1042s, including preparation of supporting analysis and research
- Research and interpretation of tax legislation and administrative guidance to advise internal stakeholders on income tax matters
- Drive continuous process improvement in the income tax compliance function to strengthen accuracy and efficiency
- Support the implementation of income tax filing software and income tax provisioning software
- Collaborate with IRS and state tax agencies’ personnel to address assessments and to provide accurate information for audits
- Cross-train on US sales and use tax, Canadian income tax, and Canadian sales tax, to be able to support other tax team members when needed
- Provide tax support to other finance teams on ad hoc requests as required
- CPA Designation is required
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or related field is required
- Master’s degree in accounting, taxation, or related field is required
- 5+ years’ experience in US income and franchise tax, with a demonstrated ability to research and analyze tax issues in depth and with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience in the following areas is an advantage: US sales and use tax, Canadian income tax, Canadian sales tax
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to work independently and remotely
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
- Continuous Production