Job Description Summary:
Company delivers the always-on, Active Everywhere distributed hybrid cloud database built on Apache Cassandra™. We are seeking a talented Vice President, WW Services to join our team.
Given our enterprise customer focus, Services is vital to our long-term success. VP Services is responsible for developing and implementing programs and processes that will result in faster time to value, driving adoption through prescriptive guidance, and ultimately improving retention and expansion. VP Services will have strong empathy for customers, the ability for data-driven decision making, systems thinking and an ability to coordinate many different decision-makers in an organization. This is a strategic role interacting with key stakeholders across the organization such as Sales, Pre-sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams.
In this role, you will work closely with our Sales teams and Customer Success teams across the customer journey, to build customer confidence in Services value proposition even as to set customers up for long term sustained success. You will also analyze and develop a building block approach to implementing Company solutions to deliver customer business outcomes. This is a leadership role and requires a combination of technical, customer skills and ability to coach and mentor teams. You will make your team successful by scaling capacity for implementation through improved planning, process, skills, communication, and sharing product feedback.
You will be adept at prioritizing and effectively applying different models of customer engagement based on the customer lifecycle and the type of account. You will lead client implementation service delivery providing management and oversight of implementation projects and staffing including operational aspects of project assignments, capacity planning, and project success. You will also shape and support the partner delivery model.
Essential Job Functions:
- Developing Services strategy to grow the organization and building on its operational excellence while aligning and working cross-functionally across larger field organization within Company.
- Guide the team’s project on-boarding of new clients, delivery of services and enablement programs for existing customers, and work closely with Sales and Customer Success to help close business, grow revenue through adoption driven expansion of product and services.
- Develop and promote services offerings around all aspects of PS related delivery.
- Meeting organizational goals and managing to adoption goals, revenue/expense targets, retention, utilization, and services attach rates.
- Communicate priorities, challenges and results to the Executive and Customer Success teams.
- Set measurable goals, and expectations for team members and help them be successful.
- Contribute to the vision for Services evolution. Lead the evolution of the services delivery methodology and update engagement model and enable the team.
- Lead efforts to develop and enable quality and scalable partner ecosystem to enhance our delivery capacity while aligning with our go to market and core values around customer success.
- Proactive coordination with sales to help position services value proposition and best practices to deliver Company solutions.
- Partner with Customer Success teams to deliver services to increase customer success and create Expansion/renewal opportunities.
- Develop and promote best practices within the team fostering quality and customer success.
- Leadership of the PS team to include attract, hire, lead, motivate, mentor, develop, retain team.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (Advanced degree preferred)
- Minimum of 15 years’ relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated success in Services leadership roles delivering services to enterprise customers in a product / SAAS company with a subscription model and a Customer success organization.
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for growth, retention, and expansion.
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset.
- Data informed decision making.
- Ability to work independently and in a strong team environment and deliver on detail as well as strategy.
- Ability to come up to speed on technology quickly and can clearly articulate the benefits and business value of Company.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer relations skills; clear and concise verbal and written communicator, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest sales and post-sales dialog at executive levels.
- Entrepreneurial approach - a high degree of autonomy and self-motivation.
- Proven track record leading customer engagements with demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts, guide strategy and deliver positive results for customers.
- Demonstrated history of owning customer relationships.
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organized and able to handle a high volume of activity efficiently through scalable processes.
- Self-starter who thrives under ambiguity in a fast-paced, deadline oriented startup environment.
- Thrive in a multitasking environment and adjust to fast moving priorities.
Attention To Detail