You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Diesel Mechanic Technician
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
- Ability to earn up to $42.98 per hour with experience, Master Certification, and including the night shift differential
- Company paid ASE Trainings and increased hourly wage once obtained
- Quarterly Tool Allowance
- 2nd Shift or 3rd Shift, Monday - Friday
- Full health insurance on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
- 9 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Education assistance
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of class 7 and 8 diesel equipment, forklifts and trailing equipment
- Repair or rebuild all or parts of various equipment systems
- Work in accordance with DOT, EPA, Interstate Authority, OSHA and other rules and regulations
- Conduct safety inspections on equipment and prepare safety documentation as needed
- Maintain proficiency with equipment and technologies that enhance productivity
- Move trailers throughout the property
- Operate a hostler in all types of weather; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 2 years of experience in general heavy truck repair for commercial fleet operations
- To obtain EPA HVAC Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Certification within 90 days of hire (ASE, MACS or equivalent)
- A valid driver’s license
- Basic welding skills (Oxy/Acetylene, MIG and ARC)
- Your own hand tools for tractor-trailer repairs
- Basic computer skills
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
It’d be great if you also have:
- Previous or current ASE certifications
- Experience with trailer repair, diesel engine system diagnostics and preventive maintenance for tractor technicians
- Ability to diagnose and repair vehicle air conditioning systems
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and more than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery, including working outdoors in inclement weather
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Diesel Mechanic Technician
- Diagnostic Skills
- Forklift Truck
- Preventive Maintenance
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 361370-en_US
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.