Desktop Support Technician
- Workstation imaging, configuration & deployment/user setup using common enterprise systems/tools such as SCCM/MDT.
- Application deployment using common enterprise tools
- Hardware asset tracking & reporting
- End-user security/protection application support (virus/malware removal, hard-drive back-up, hard-drive encryption configuration, etc.)
- Workstation research & related projects/initiatives (OS upgrades, new patch releases, browser upgrades, new application deployments, etc.)
- Other technical configuration, support & administrative tasks as assigned
- Level 2 Technical ("Break/Fix") Support
- Level 2 (escalated from helpdesk) technology troubleshooting/repair/resolution services for all deployed workstations, mobile devices, applications, network/remote access & messaging services, for end-users across all sites
- Occasional level 1 technology support after-hours & during high-demand periods (incidents/outages, enterprise-wide deployments, etc.)
- Diagnosis/resolution of computer hardware, software & network issues for Executive and VIP personnel at all sites (on-site & via remote support tools)
- Low-level network support (port testing, bandwidth monitoring, share drive troubleshooting, etc.)
- Support ticket & SLA management using common enterprise tools such as ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.
- General user community technology guidance, recommendations & education
- Technical Administration
- User permissions & password management on multiple systems (Active Directory, Exchange, etc.)
- Incident management, including response, tracking & reporting for areas of responsibility
- Document workstation configuration standards, processes & best-practices
- Team Collaboration
- Work directly with team members, other IT groups and non-IT/business representatives to address all incidents, problems & requests
- Coach/mentor Helpdesk analysts and desk-side support technicians in configuration & troubleshooting methods & best practices
- Ongoing process/solution analysis and improvement
Professional training/certifications related to areas of responsibility (e.g. CompTIA A+ Network+, MCITP, MCSA, MCTS, etc.)
Information Services related college degree preferred, but not required
- 5+ years deploying, updating, optimizing and troubleshooting Windows-based workstations in a corporate environment.
- 5+ years providing support for common corporate client-side technologies, including wired/wireless networks, VPNs & security tokens, WiFi/broadband technologies, collaboration tools (Instant Messaging, Web Conferencing, Video Conferencing), A/V devices (projectors, presentation boards, etc.)
- Experience deploying images, software & updates with workstation management tools (e.g., MS Deployment Toolkit [MDT], MS Systems Management Server [SMS], MS System Center Configuration Manager [SCCM], LANDesk, Ghost, etc.)
- Experience deploying updates/patches with workstation management tools (e.g., MS Windows Server Update Services [WSUS], Tivoli Endpoint Manager, Altiris Patch Management Solution, SolarWinds Patch Manager)
- 5+ years providing support for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Server 2003/2008 experience a plus.
- 5+ years providing support for MS Office 2007 & 2010 and all major component applications. MS Office 2013 and/or Office 365 experience a plus.
- 5+ years providing support for other common corporate client-side applications (Acrobat, anti-virus solutions, anti-malware solutions, softphones, file encryption, screen capture, etc.)
- 5+ years providing support for internet-based applications using common internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) & related technologies (Java, ActiveX, etc.)
- 5+ years providing on site & remote technical support for workstations, applications and networking technologies - in medium to large organizations.
- Macintosh & OS X configuration & support experience a plus.
- Some exposure to implementing and/or supporting virtual servers & desktops using VMware or similar tools.
- Basic understanding of IP addressing, subnets, file/folder mapping, share drives & network printer configuration. Basic file & print server configuration/administration a plus.
- Familiarity with a range of ticket/incident management systems (e.g., Remedy, ZenDesk, ServiceNow)
- Microsoft Active Directory & Exchange administration a plus.
- Ability to coordinate tasks with vendors to meet service targets & project deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize & multi-task in a fast-paced/demanding environment.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving.
- Strong interpersonal/relationship-building skills & customer service values/practices.
- Strong written, verbal & phone skills, with ability to explain technical matters in non-technical terms.
- Good ability to judge situational feedback (user frustration, systems urgency, etc.) and adjust support
- response/approach to meet needs.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting URL blocked - click to apply.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™
Resolve Technical Issue
Provide User Support
Provide Technical Assistance
Provide Desktop Support